OPII and X10

whumphrey

Hi,
I have OPII and UPB lighting in my house.   Today I found a box with a few old X10 lamp modules and an X10 Power FlashInterface. Unfortunately, I no longer have the X10 powerline interface module.

Short of purchasing a new interface module (I'm assuming I need this to communicate X10), is there anything useful I can do with these modules using my OPII?

Thanks,
Warren

Without the interface module, not really.  There are UPB to X10 converters out there, but by the time you deal with all of that hassle you will wish you just got the X10 interface.

Here I utilize X10 with the dual phase Volp TW523 device.  Mostly utilized during the Christmas season for lighting. I did start using my original OPII with the TW-523 and X10 many years ago.

My base in the wall switch lighting is UPB.  Its faster for me to use X10 for the Christmas lights.  I utilize the old Black and Decker outdoor X10 modules and indoor X10 modules.  It speeds up my installation and they are all set to one code.

Note this is my opinion and I compared similiar lighting with Z-Wave and UPB lighting modules.

Back