Playing an audio file when front door is open

Rchristman

I have the OMNIPRO 2 with hifi 2 audio system for my whole house audio. Can I play an audio file when the front door is open as is or do I need to purchase the two-way voice modulator?

You can probably do a DIY; but easier just to use the two-way voice modulator.

Here I utilize software text to speech and have it plugged into my Russound zoned amps. 

I collect speech fonts (hobby?) and bug my wife with a variety of foreign languages coming form the touchscreens. (she has quit asking why).

Another thing I do here too is use a way to call box and a quickie script if the door bell rings; send and ring the telephones with a custom ("door bell" CID) followed up by a chime then specific TTS verbiage from one speech font.

I am currently using Homeseer 2 software and an old serial HAI OPII plugin. 

The plugin sees the status of anything on the panel and triggers whatever on the software including text to speech or voice recognition.

I do not utilize the VR but do utilize the text to speech. 

The Homeseer touchscreens function as remote text to speech devices and my preferences are relating to using autonomous SAPI speech fonts on the text to speech stuff on the wintel touch screens.

The legacy Homeseer 2 speaker dot exe functions as a remote speaker client to the mothership. 

The touchscreen software also functions as a remote speaker except it uses a sent over wave file which I do not like.

Moving towards linux based touchscreens I have been able to load up and utilize the Microsoft SAPI voices in Wine which works for me right now.

Back