OmniPro Console Power Budget

kwschumm

The Omni 33A00-4 console with mic & speaker has a maximum current draw of 100mA.

The OmniPro II install manual says that the board can support up to 1A in current draw.

Does the console current draw count against this 1A max limit?

Seems crazy if so, if you use the maximum 8 consoles that leaves only 200mA for all other outputs.

Guess I answered my own question from the board diagram in the installation manual.

NOTES:
1. SWITCH 12V, AUXILIARY 12V, CONSOLE, AND OUTPUTS 1-8 ARE INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL DEVICE LOAD, WHICH CANNOT EXCEED 1 AMP.
    IN UL INSTALLATIONS, THE TOTAL DEVICE LOAD CANNOT EXCEED 250mA.
2. SOUNDERS CANNOT EXCEED 1 AMP, SPLIT BETWEEN INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR HORN OUTPUTS. IN UL INSTALLATIONS, SOUNDERS CANNOT EXCEED 350mA.

and

Outputs 1 - 8 can supply a maximum of 100 mA each. These outputs are included in the total DEVICES load, which cannot
exceed 1A. If the Interior or Exterior Sounder is configured to an Output Type, the HORN outputs can supply a maximum of
1A. HORN outputs are included in the total HORNS load, which can not exceed 1A.

I'll have a packed panel and have the feeling that all consoles, motion detectors, smoke detectors, sounders and strobes should be powered externally. That should leave plenty for combustible gas detectors, Sure Action processors, waterbugs, expansion boards, etc, etc. I'll have to run the numbers.

I would leave ONE console powered by the panel directly. The others can have another supply. It won't be fun if you have no consoles powered to deactivate the alarm, if for whatever reason, your backup power fails.

StarTrekDoors said:
Works great and you can add keypads too.... :)
Yep, sure can. Found it on Worthington under Access Control.

The ability home run consoles to their own connections makes things easier to troubleshoot, and it just seems neater, so that's my plan (with one console hooked directly to the controller of course). For us that still gives us three high current source connections for sirens, sounds and strobes. Win win!

Back