Omnipro discontinued

heffneil

Is this being discussed somewhere that I am not aware of? Seems like a real end of an era. I guess I have to start studying elk m1 or something else. Anyone else upset?

heffneil said:
Is this being discussed somewhere that I am not aware of? Seems like a real end of an era. I guess I have to start studying elk m1 or something else. Anyone else upset?
Well, I am.

I've been using elk m1 for quite a while and wanted to try something different in my other house because elk does have some issues that I cannot fix (like occasionally losing light/thermostat commands).  Look as if elk is the only game in the town, sadly.

I typed this on my phone so forgive me for the screwed up subject.

I know dsc makes some decent alarm systems. Just baffled and unclear what the next house should have. I mean water sensing valve control contact sensor monitoring. Gosh what a shame and not easily replaced. Keypads on the Omni are better than elk. I like the flush mount.

I find it hard to believe Leviton will just walk away from HA controllers while competitors like Lutron and Legrand continue to have controller products to offer. Maybe they will have something to announce once they get rid of existing stock levels? They could be walking away from the UL listed alarm aspect I guess since alarm companies are not their primary client base.

The only thing I'm seeing discontinued is the HLC switches and the HAI wireless.  Likely they want to push their Vizia switches instead and HAI and cut their own manufacturing of the wireless in favor of only needing to support the GE Interlogix wireless.

While dropping the controllers may come at a later date, I've seen nothing of the sort - yet.

This is the email I received from a Leviton guy who was an hai guy :

Leviton will continue to support the Omni however, production for new installations is currently being phased out. Warranties remain valid and product concerns will still be covered as the repair and replace programs remain active. Omni wiring follows industry standards, allowing customers to continue to use their Omni or change to another security or automation controller in the future if they so desire.

If a moderator sees this it would be great if they could update the subject / title to Omnipro.

Thanks!

Neil

heffneil said:
If a moderator sees this it would be great if they could update the subject / title to Omnipro.

Thanks!

Neil

I thought the Oknipro was the new knock-off out of China!  :D

I was really hoping that this wasn't where we were headed.

Just a few years ago the Leviton reps were talking about an OP3, new products were coming out, etc.  That all seems to have died.  The writing was kind of on the wall when they didn't integrate the Wi-Fi stuff into the Omni.

I don't know who down in the old HAI office in LA is on here reading these days, but I hope they haven't decided to just shutter you all.  I had called Leviton support a while back trying to get help with an OPII and it was clear I was dealing with a call center and not anyone at old HAI.  I felt really sad.

Its really sad.  For sure.  I have a bunch of the Ominpros implemented personally and I am not a professional.  I guess we have to look back at the comparisons of the Elk M1 vs Omnipro.  I think about 12 years ago when I started this I went with the Omnipro because of the worthington guys.  It looks like they are having a transition webinar Thursday and shifting towards the M1....

Otherwise I guess there is DSC for alarm?

I too had hoped the Omni series would survive. I've been contemplating a few upgrades (relay board) and RFID access and I'm on the fence as to whether I'll go ahead or look for alternatives.

So to pivot how reliable is the Elk M1?  Is Elk improving the processor and all on this thing or are we all going to shift to another dead end product?  Just curious since I haven't been following the product? Thanks!

Just looked on their site and the last firmware update for the elk m1 is from 2016?! Wow.

Back