Anybody familiar with the ISY and it's X-10 capabilities?

Possibly not.  In the Universal Devices Administrative Console, I get an error message that internet access is turned off.  I try and "enable it" and it fails.

With the reboot without the PLM, I now have a steady Rx blue light in addition to the power blue light.  I still don't think I'm connecting to the ISY, though it was assigned an address right at the beginning of the evening.

Deane Johnson said:
With the reboot without the PLM, I now have a steady Rx blue light in addition to the power blue light.  I still don't think I'm connecting to the ISY, though it was assigned an address right at the beginning of the evening.
How did you assign it an address if you can't connect?

I didn't.  I guess it got it itself somehow.  I have Fing on my iPad and it shows the addresses of everything on my network and includes the address of the ISY.

Deane Johnson said:
Safari can't open it because the server can't be found.
I am not familiar with Safari much.

try the IP address of your ISY then

http://192.168.xx.xx/

If you get the Blue screen with Universal Devices on it click on the Settings tab then click "clear cache" and then "Install Administration Console". This should install a Java applet to get you into the Administration Console faster next time.

I found the blue screen with Safari, but the keyboard didn't pop up so I didn't log in.  Probably no reason to from the iPad as the only thing it is used for is a CQC client.  

Deane Johnson said:
I found the blue screen with Safari, but the keyboard didn't pop up so I didn't log in.  Probably no reason to from the iPad as the only thing it is used for is a CQC client.
If you don't log in to ISY you cannot access anything. You need to log in first. Perhaps you need to place the cursor in the login text box for the keyboard to pop up?

Forget about CQC for now. Until you register your devices with ISY CQC will not have anything to control I don't think.

It requires java 2 which I don't have on the iPad.  I'm trying to understand why I want to log in from the iPad.  What's wrong with my PC?  The PC I'm on is completely separate from my CQC server and of course, the ISY.

The username, password and IP address will need to be set to match CQC for the Rest interface to be used. Is there a place in CQC to set those parameters?

The ISY uses security to block random access to it and CQC will need to use encrypted security to control things.

Deane Johnson said:
It requires java 2 which I don't have on the iPad.  I'm trying to understand why I want to log in from the iPad.  What's wrong with my PC?  The PC I'm on is completely separate from my CQC server and of course, the ISY.
You never stated you had a PC. You only mentioned an iPad.

Is Java 2 on the iPad? Windows uses java 1.8 u25 or java 1.7u67?

LarrylLix said:
The username, password and IP address will need to be set to match CQC for the Rest interface to be used. Is there a place in CQC to set those parameters?

The ISY uses security to block random access to it and CQC will need to use encrypted security to control things.

CQC has place to set all three of those parameters.

Back