Anyone interested in all in one counter top touchscreen units?

Do you have a picture of that daughter board? If it's connects between the touch screen and mobo, I am guessing it is a serial/usb mouse type controller.

Yes playing with Intel same MB (CarPC and Touchscreen). Its been working well for me. A retrofit of this motherboard in this case would make for a nice setup.

Do you have a picture of that daughter board? If it's connects between the touch screen and mobo, I am guessing it is a serial/usb mouse type controller.

See the white circled areas. One shows the daughterboard - the next I have it removed, showing the 2 rows of pins it plugs on to.

DSCN1226.JPGDSCN1251.JPG

Hmm that's definitely more than just serial/USB. I am guessing maybe it's part of the LCD inverter controller, hard to tell from that pic. Can you identify the chip on the daughter board?

Hmm that's definitely more than just serial/USB. I am guessing maybe it's part of the LCD inverter controller, hard to tell from that pic. Can you identify the chip on the daughter board?
Those pics were from last month when I had one open. Not sure when I'll have another chance to look.
Aside from knowing exactly the function of the board - it doesn't look like it would be a simple MB swap, huh?

I don't think it will be. The only way to be sure is to look up the make/model for mobo (if it even has any usable markings), and look up the spec sheet.

That link isn't working (site down?), but I am guessing it a VGA video signal as well.

That said, Monk, the capacitors in your 2nd picture (towards the bottom) look like they are swollen. Is this an effect caused by your camera, or are they really swollen like that?

That link isn't working (site down?), but I am guessing it a VGA video signal as well.

That said, Monk, the capacitors in your 2nd picture (towards the bottom) look like they are swollen. Is this an effect caused by your camera, or are they really swollen like that?

Dan,
Although the pic looks like they are pushing upwards, I'm thinking they are not really. Will check the next time I open it.

So is the consensus that the 2 rows of pins are NOT a standard-known-kind-of-"port"?

Definitely not standard, I am afraid you won't be able to swap the mobo out. If someone can read the markings on the main chip on that daughter board, we could probably figure out what it does, but if there are no other connections between the touch screen and mobo, then it has to be at least video and touch.

Are these still available? If so PM me. I'd be interested in one assuming XP 32bit drivers are available.

Any suggestions as to what services or other items to leave out with nLite for XP Pro? I am getting ready to install later tonight.

Thanks

John

Back