Anyone interested in all in one counter top touchscreen units?

Well it looks like these BMC motherboard running WinXP Pro on them seem to have a problem coming out of Standby or Hibernation. The serial Touchscreen will not work afterward. I tried the newest ELO drivers without success.
I haven't got any of mine in use yet. Others have complained about the PS fan noise as a problem, but in mine it is clearly the HDD running and the (4000 +rpm) cpu fan that are simply to noisey for prime time - the size of the fan is too small for a replacement fan of slower rpm. I wouldn't mind them on 24/7 if they were even a little bit quiet..
Will figure this out somewhere dwn the line. I realy should finish one thing before I start others - but it seems so easy just to buy stuff anymore.

Well it looks like these BMC motherboard running WinXP Pro on them seem to have a problem coming out of Standby or Hibernation. The serial Touchscreen will not work afterward. I tried the newest ELO drivers without success.
I haven't got any of mine in use yet. Others have complained about the PS fan noise as a problem, but in mine it is clearly the HDD running and the (4000 +rpm) cpu fan that are simply to noisey for prime time - the size of the fan is too small for a replacement fan of slower rpm. I wouldn't mind them on 24/7 if they were even a little bit quiet..
Will figure this out somewhere dwn the line. I realy should finish one thing before I start others - but it seems so easy just to buy stuff anymore.

Well this unit is only going to get used now and then so for now I have it shutdown from a button on Now Playing screen... and a hidden switch underneath the shelf it sits on to make it turn on with a WAL from my home automation server. This will make it easy for the wife to turn it on and off and not have to close Netremote which runs in full screen mode as well as fumble for the power switch behind and underneath the unit.

Other than the Standby issue it has passed my expectations for performance.

Well this unit is only going to get used now and then so for now I have it shutdown from a button on Now Playing screen... and a hidden switch underneath the shelf it sits on to make it turn on with a WAL from my home automation server. This will make it easy for the wife to turn it on and off and not have to close Netremote which runs in full screen mode as well as fumble for the power switch behind and underneath the unit.

I'm planning something similar- I'll have the unit drop into standby, and hack an old mouse to make a one button "wakeup" interface mounted on the frame or something. I'd like to get it to drop into hibernate for more power savings. . . maybe use a stick-a-switch to wake it up.

I'm planning something similar- I'll have the unit drop into standby, and hack an old mouse to make a one button "wakeup" interface mounted on the frame or something. I'd like to get it to drop into hibernate for more power savings. . . maybe use a stick-a-switch to wake it up.

Well good luck to get the ELO screen to work coming out of Standby. I tried everything including a new driver

Back