Anyone try this all in one DVR with monitor

I did order the system.  It will be delivered on Aug 6th.  I'll update everyone about a week after that.

newalarm said:
Does anyone know if this system would be compatible with eKeypad?

I'm also interested to see if this will work with ekaypad.  We have a picture hanging beside the front door.  I'm going to see if I can mount an ipod touch to the back of that picture.  I'll also have a recessed outlet behind the picture.  When someone comes to the front door I'd like to swing the picture out on hinges and look at the ipod touch to see the person at the front door.  I'm not sure if this will all work but if so it will be completely hidden.

May be more work than it's worth... Peep hole may be easier.

I wanted to be able to put system on network, so from any TV or computer, you could keep an eye on things. Not sure how feasible/practical it is.

DEL, Are there issues with the Lorex camera/system? From the user manual, it seems like it is fairly easy to replace HDDs. The only other delicate part would be the cameras right? They are rated for under eave application, and not to be completely exposed to elements.

jmed999, Once you receive, you can contact ekeypad support and ask them. I think they can check it out once you install and test it.

New,

There's many items to consider, at least for myself, when considering a network IP camera, but the largest item is how the stream data is sent to the NVR. Since you're not mixing/matching, it's a "you get what you get" item. They may or may not be multicast, they may not offer a certain codec or what have you....I didn't look into the cameras and hardware, it's not something I'd install or support, to be honest, but going off the cut sheet, it doesn't seem like they do multicast, which would be a dealbreaker in my world.

Remember, I install systems as a trade, so the installs I do are far more driven by design performance balanced with budget. 

In the case of IP cameras outside: water, dust, and condensation are issues with every camera out there, and in the case of IP, how the cabling connects to the camera, no matter how well the camera is designed, those are considerations I have...not to mention, even if there's a whip off the camera, how sealed is that RJ connection?

My main issue would be the NVR and cameras are a closed system and product....Lorex cameras only on Lorex NVR's and vice versa. While I'm sure someone might try to reverse engineer a driver to try, it's not something I'd entertain.

In the case of EK, look at the list, the cameras listed are both old revisions as well as very widely installed and sold cameras within the pro world. Not saying it can't be done, but I wouldn't count highly on it.

Yes I received it and I have it up and running in a temporary location.  I'm nowhere close to having it fully installed but so far I have 1 camera connected (not mounted) and I'm pretty happy with it so far.  I have it set up on the LAN, & on the free DDNS service.  I can view the camera on the dedicated monitor, home computer, work computer, and on my android.  The camera quality is great!  I'm very happy with the purchase so far.  I wish the cameras had audio but I knew they didn't when I purchased it so that's not a knock on this system.

I have 3 other major home projects going on at my home so it will be a while before I'm able to mount the cameras and give a final review.

Also, some guys on another site are working on the firmware so allow it to accept cameras from other brand names.. 
http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36066

I haven't read that thread or followed their progress so I wont be able to answer any questions about their efforts.  Once I get it set up I plan to look into this.  Honestly, for my needs the Lorex cams are great but I'l look into it for the heck of it at some point.

Just wanted you to know this existed.

Great. Keep us posted. I think I may spring for this setup too. I would prefer to build my own system, but don't have the time to do all the research and figuring out, and potential expensive mistakes :)

Back