Are there any controllers besides Cestron and Savant that can control Wolf and Sub Zero brand applia

ghurty

Are there any controllers besides Cestron and Savant that can control Wolf and Sub Zero brand appliances?

Thank you

AutomatedOutlet said:
What is it you want to control with them?
I think they let you do things like monitor and control the temp of your refrigerator. 

My question would be why?  I guess the goal is to impress your friends at the dinner party by showing them the temperature of your refrigerator. :rofl:

Geez I thought we were all on the same page around here..

MUST....AUTOMATE....EVERYTHING.....

ghurty said:
Are there any controllers besides Cestron and Savant that can control Wolf and Sub Zero brand appliances?

Thank you
Probably any HA system that fully supports the zigbee technology can be used to control these appliances.  Both use zigbee.  C4 uses zigbee to communicate with  "smart" appliances such as the ones you have mentioned.

BobS0327 said:
Probably any HA system that fully supports the zigbee technology can be used to control these appliances.  Both use zigbee.  C4 uses zigbee to communicate with  "smart" appliances such as the ones you have mentioned.
The home automation Zigbee profile "knows" about a variety of common devices like dimmers, thermostats, blinds, light sensors, but unfortunately it doesn't know about wine coolers, stoves or refrigerators. So assuming these appliances and your controller both communicate via the Zigbee HA profile, the controller wouldn't understand "appliance speak" without extra code. That doesn't mean it couldn't be added.  Even supporting the HA profiles doesn't guarantee all devices are supported. For example Leviton's Zigbee implementation doesn't support temp sensors although they are in the standard. Nothing is guaranteed.

Look at it this way, Zigbee supports three modes of usage:  1) If a Zigbee device manufacturer want to make a standard Zigbee device almost any controller can control, they can, like a lightbulb or switch. 2) If a Zigbee manufacturer wants block standard connectivity and add proprietary features, they can. 3) And if a Zigbee manufacturer wants to turn on extra security, so they control both sides, and the connection is VERY secure, they can do that as well.  So this is really about what Wolf and Sub Zero wants. Do THEY want to have their appliances controlled by any Zigbee controller, or only partner companies. Its THEIR choice.

Back