Are you worried about the Corona Virus

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Fauci and others lied to us saying we don’t need to wear masks back around March. When asked in a recent interview why he changed his guidance he basically said - if we asked you to wear masks back then you all would have bought the N95 masks. If you think back the narrative was basically - you don’t need a mask and whatever you do don’t buy the N95s and if you have any you should donate them to those on the “frontlines”. Many saw through this BS and realized if they work for others they will work for me too. So we were lied to for the “public good”.

Lies like this happen all the time to control us. I venture to say that the biggest lie related to this right now is that we will have a vaccine in a year or two. I doubt it. The lie puts it out just far enough to be credible yet give hope and retain control.

I’d bet on world war before a good vaccine. Sorry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally take care of yourselves and family is the best advice I could offer this 4th of July weekend.  

I am optimistic that we will get through this over time.  

TrojanHorse said:
Fauci and others lied to us saying we don’t need to wear masks back around March. When asked in a recent interview why he changed his guidance he basically said - if we asked you to wear masks back then you all would have bought the N95 masks. If you think back the narrative was basically - you don’t need a mask and whatever you do don’t buy the N95s ...

False:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci-masks-no-longer-needed/

Craig

TrojanHorse said:
Fauci and others lied to us saying we don’t need to wear masks back around March. When asked in a recent interview why he changed his guidance he basically said - if we asked you to wear masks back then you all would have bought the N95 masks. If you think back the narrative was basically - you don’t need a mask and whatever you do don’t buy the N95s and if you have any you should donate them to those on the “frontlines”. Many saw through this BS and realized if they work for others they will work for me too. So we were lied to for the “public good”. Lies like this happen all the time to control us. I venture to say that the biggest lie related to this right now is that we will have a vaccine in a year or two. I doubt it. The lie puts it out just far enough to be credible yet give hope and retain control. I’d bet on world war before a good vaccine. Sorry... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I remember that somewhat and the same thing was done in Canada. People were told that masks would not help at the time. Later this was retracted and some politicians admitted they told the public because there were not enough mask resources to go around, and they needed to be reserved for front line workers.

At first, masking seemed silly as no filter can filter a particle as small as a virus, and I posted those figures a few posts into this thread. Soon another poster here retorted with the idea,  viruses do not float around in the air by themselves, but on water droplets that are large enough and can be stopped by filtration. This seems to be supported by people being told masks do help the wearer now.
I don't think surgeons have been wearing masks for a century just to protect the patients. They have a lot of exposure to nasty things.

Then we have the Internet to help the rumour mills with lots of disinformation. :nono:
A few years back I did a lot of editing on wikipedia. I found if I posted some misinformation inside an article, I would find that information used in dozens of websites all over the world within 15-30 minutes. If I corrected the information, most of the same websites would correct it, and some would not. Just because we read something on a webpage and then self-corroborate it by checking several other seemingly unrelated web sources, it doesn't make things true or reliable.

LarrylLix said:
With a wave of extra dead bodies the USA will likely come out the other side of this first and be on it's way to a recovering economy sooner that any other country in the world.
Some leaders are encouraging people to not social distance and not wear masks for July 4th celebrations, with additional promises of the best fireworks displays ever seen, along with jet fly-over displays.
The leaders know something based on what medical scientists have told them about herd immunity and they are not being transparent to their people.
This may be a success in the end but it will come at a huge cost of lives, that some leaders have established doesn't matter, anyway.
Other countries, practicing distancing and a more responsible method, may continue to live through this terrible pandemic for years to come while their economies collapse and standards of living will be in the toilets for decades.
Pick your poison.

I don't think that anyone gets to pick their poison.

It doesn't matter if any one country does everything right and kills this thing because it is a global problem. Kill the virus and it will return from another country before long because no one country or geographical area can survive without international trade and travel. We live in a global community and a global economy. Total nationalism is idiotic. Walls are easily defeated by ladders.

It's a small world.

Mike.

The surgical mask has always been used as a source filter preventing the patient from infection, not the other way around. Even in this case, there is some doubt as to their efficacy:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4480558/

A recent study finds little protection when wearing a mask as a incoming virus filter. There is some evidence that wearing a mask by a spreader can reduce probability of infecting *other* people, just as in the surgeon case :

Medical masks did not significantly protect against viral, bacterial, droplet or other infection outcomes. However, the summary odds ratio for masks was less than one, which suggests a low level of protection

Wearing a surgical mask prevented virus from being exhaled”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

So, you will probably do a good deed by wearing a mask to prevent your germs from infecting other people and slowing infection spread. If you want to protect yourself, a respirator(N95) is better option.

This older theory from 2015 has recently been changed during the covid outbreak.

While it has been admitted they are not completely effective, stats show some protection for the wearers, apparently.

Sent using Tapatalk

pvrfan said:

Huh?  Eh?  

I think I just made internet history.  Rather than needing to show that Snopes can be wrong and biased, you actually posted a link to Snopes that proves my point.  

Maybe my post was hard to comprehend for some, or perhaps the Snopes article was too long for you to read?  I'll post part of it for you to re-read and for others to see.

"In the March 2020 clip, Fauci said: “Right now in the United States people should not be walking around with masks … You should think of healthcare providers who are needing them and the people who are ill.” "

Then he changed his tune as I stated.  If Snopes is the arbiter of truth, perhaps you should retract your "False" accusation eh?  

And by the way, anyone seen any articles or better yet "science" to show that we are now 15 months away from a vaccine?  That should be the timeline by now...

TrojanHorse said:
Huh?  Eh?  

I think I just made internet history.  Rather than needing to show that Snopes can be wrong and biased, you actually posted a link to Snopes that proves my point.  

Maybe my post was hard to comprehend for some, or perhaps the Snopes article was too long for you to read?  I'll post part of it for you to re-read and for others to see.

"In the March 2020 clip, Fauci said: “Right now in the United States people should not be walking around with masks … You should think of healthcare providers who are needing them and the people who are ill.” "

Then he changed his tune as I stated.  If Snopes is the arbiter of truth, perhaps you should retract your "False" accusation eh?  

And by the way, anyone seen any articles or better yet "science" to show that we are now 15 months away from a vaccine?  That should be the timeline by now...
One thing we have discovered after all the COVID-19, Global Cooling/Warming/ Climate Shift, mask or no mask, herd immunity, never get immunity, and all the other borderline hoaxes is "Science" is just another person's opinion. We have every possible version of outcome, cause, and method, and very few ever agree with each other.

"Scientist" is just another fabricated name to fake authenticity. Most hobbiests get called "scientist" but what is a scientist degree? Doctor, B.S.,  PhD,  OK.. Fall science fair is where the actual scientists are found.

Each time some Scientific Theory is agreed upon it gets disproven by somebody else, later. Then we have news media trying to be the first to announce the "truth" only to guess and fabricate more crap for the public.

Yeah we have to plug our ears and chat "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah" so we don't hear all the noise out there and go crazy. :D

Science is fact based. Those facts CAN be used to further political opinions, it's called spin. Science can sometimes be incorrect. That doesn't mean that it is always incorrect. When most of the scientists in the world agree on a fact I'm going  with them.

Mike.

The "news" media and our government leaders are spinning like crazy and outright lying to us. Science is still science and facts are still facts, you just have to weed them out from all the noise.

Consider your sources, get more than one source of information and several if possible and make decisions based on what you learn. Question everything.

Mike.

Do not depend on any one or two American "news" sources,they're all terribly biased left or right. CNN and MSNBC make my head hurt which I prefer to Fox which makes me yell profanities at the TV.  I wish that I could not watch any of them but I need to know what is going on in the world and these guys are all that we have. When I watch I try to separate the lies from the honest mistakes.

Try BBC, NHK, APnews.com, reuters.com. Don't forward emails that make undocumented, unsubstantiated claims. When you do you are just being a tool. I don't repeat any breaking news that I see on the TV or internet because there's a very good chance that I'll be made a fool. I personally know people that are voting based on what they see on one single TV news network and what they read in email and Facebook and it makes me wanna scream. It's the dumbing down of America.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
A google search for unbiased news gets some interesting results.
Sure, and every google found website will tell you their opinion is fact, and the better sites will show proof, making their opinion  "science".  Peer review is one of the best techniques in medical and some other sciences. That means two people's opinions back that theory until somebody changes enough minds and then their "facts" were mistaken.

Science is not fact and doesn't claim to be. Science is theory that has the most opinions supporting it,  and the least disproven theory. It changes as new "facts" are discovered if the majority crowd agrees with it.

...and the world isn't flat...in my opinion. LOL!

Back