Are you worried about the Corona Virus

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Andy - HKG - vendor on IPCam Talk - 24th of February, 2020.

The situation here is much better than Jan and early Feb now in China, the whole country were freezed, so control the virus spreading. Right now only Wuhan still have hundreds infection everyday, the death rate is high , death from 29 years old to 90 years old. Stock market surely will down, factories shut down due to no workers , no materials. Masks will be a big problem, because whole China still lacking of them. So can't make any exporting right now.

My experience is:

Don't go to busy places and wear masks when you take subway,buses,or shopping. At opening places, no need to be worry. Stay at home with families.Wash hands frequency!

I took this pic on Sunday, everyone seems still at home.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1305]

If the virus really big spreading all over the world, the online shop will be very good business, because right now very seldom people go outdoor to buy, all book online and can deliver in 30-40mins after make orders.

By the way Many are concerned about receiving boxes from China/HK with the virus, we all use DHL shipping way, and all boxes sterilized before shipping, and warehouse guy wear masks and gloves when package them. US customs also will inspect all shipment from Asia, so no worry at all.

Another interesting point they are hyping is the face mask situation. It seems the media is attempting to cause more panic with the perceived shortage of them. What is the point of a dust filter mask for a virus?

With SARS dust masks were and still are issued in medical centres for the people suffering from SARs and other viruses, not other people to prevent inhaling them. This is prevent infected people from spraying the virus around the room when they cough.

IIRC, the Niosh N95 dust particle masks will filter out particles over 0.1 microns, while a virus is typically about 0.005 microns.  Somebody is promoting a product via panic epidemic hype.

We had several oriental looking people wearing masks yesterday boarding my flight. Maybe keeps the racial stereotype fears down, or maybe just draws attention to them even more?

LarrylLix said:
Another interesting point they are hyping is the face mask situation. It seems the media is attempting to cause more panic with the perceived shortage of them. What is the point of a dust filter mask for a virus?

With SARS dust masks were and still are issued in medical centres for the people suffering from SARs and other viruses, not other people to prevent inhaling them. This is prevent infected people from spraying the virus around the room when they cough.

IIRC, the Niosh N95 dust particle masks will filter out particles over 0.1 microns, while a virus is typically about 0.005 microns.  Somebody is promoting a product via panic epidemic hype.

We had several oriental looking people wearing masks yesterday boarding my flight. Maybe keeps the racial stereotype fears down, or maybe just draws attention to them even more?
I don't think its as cut-and-dry as that. And really this virus is no different than the flu or a million other viruses people wear masks for. 

Yes the virus is tiny, but at the same time, tiny little particles can't travel very far. They have no mass and no momentum.  Instead these viruses travel on water droplets in coughs and sneezes. They CAN travel far distances.  

So if you are infected, and you wear a mask, then the water droplets are caught in the mask and not spread.  (In places like Japan, people that are sick are the ones who wear masks as a courtesy to others.) This is cultural, and they have been doing that for many many years. This is something that non-Asians can learn from. 

On wearing a mask to prevent getting the virus, its a bit more controversial.  Certainly the people in "bunny" suits who you see treating those infected with Coronavirus are in fact breathing, through a filter they believe works. The question is, do the masks at home depot for $2 work?  If they catch those water droplets, they might. Are they 100%? Probably not. But they probably don't hurt. 

Why Do Japanese Wear Masks?
https://gogonihon.com/en/blog/why-do-japanese-people-wear-masks/

The hazmat people wear special masks that can block particles as tiny as viruses and bacteria. They look like gas masks with the huge filters in them.

That was my point about the masks. They are issued for infected people not to spread the disease, not to prevent victims from acquiring the disease. Somebody is spreading phoney jnformation for profit, as usual.

Call a supply house and try to order some dust masks. Back ordered for months in most places.

Sent using Tapatalk

If you look at the pictures of those combatting the Coronavirus, most don't have any specialized masks on. They are typically surgical masks.  I'm not saying that is right or wrong, I'm just saying that is how it is. 

image.jpg

ano said:
If you look at the pictures of those combatting the Coronavirus, most don't have any specialized masks on. They are typically surgical masks.  I'm not saying that is right or wrong, I'm just saying that is how it is. 

image.jpg
Kinds of brings back the  Chernobyl scam where they re-assured the military the scientists stated only three trips maximum and no more or  they could suffer ill effects from radioactivity exposure. :) 

The masks would be to prevent inhalation of the disinfectant fumes, not prevent virus infection or they would be spraying the air. :)

mikefamig said:
Do you feel better knowing that Mike Pence is on the case? I couldn't even finish reading the article.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/02/26/809578063/trump-to-address-response-to-coronavirus
Remember that when Pence was governor of Indiana, he cut public health spending and delayed implementing needle exchanges, which led to a HIV epidemic in the state.   Also, Pence has a history of being skeptical of the link between smoking and lung cancer. 

Yep, he instills confidence in everyone that he's on top of things. Nothing to worry about!

and we have a brain surgeon running HUD and an oil baron who sued the DEP several times running the DEP. It's madness.

Found out today that I cannot log in to the Cocoontech forum with Firefox whether it is running on Windows or Linux.

I was able to log in once via VPN then tried again with no luck.

Very odd. Using IE in Windows 2016 now to be able to log in to the forum.

It is a act of desperation to make a political issue about Coronavirus.

The willy nilly Democrats complaining how much better they could run the government and complaining about everything that the President says or does has 100% guaranteed his next term in office.

Most likely the Democrats will be losing House control to the Republicans because of their idiotic shenanigans.

Personally though I would prefer that we not discuss politics on the Cocoontech forum.

Who's talking about politics? The fact that our leaders have said that the virus is under control and that I should not worry is a problem larger than politics. And the man-made climate problem that scientists all over the world have is really just a hoax. This is not politics. Fact is no longer fact, it has been replaced by perception and I have a big problem with that.

I'm talking about science and fact and I'd like a team of top scientists to be funded to protect us from Carona virus. And those scientists are going to need money to help us. And those scientists will need to work with scientists from other nations because this is a global problem.  It is a problem for me that the people in charge of my tax dollars don't think that the virus is a problem and that the money is needed to protect me from Mexico instead. I would also like to give some money to SCIENTISTS to help improve our environmental problems but the people in charge of my tax dollars don't think that that is necessary either.

I've been apolitical most of my life but now I fear that the guys in charge are ruining my life. We are watching the unraveling and  dismantling of our government one agency at a time and for some reason half of this country doesn't seem to see it happening. Things that made this country admired and a leader of other nations are disappearing.

How's is that for will-nilly?

pete_c said:
Personally though I would prefer that we not discuss politics on the Cocoontech forum.
It is the elephant in the room everywhere I go. If I get banned or disliked here for talking politics then so be it. It won't be the first group that I've been banned from for speaking my mind. I'm done biting my tongue.

Mike.

;)

I do not know of anyone that has ever been banned on this forum over their posts.

I know that topics of religion and politics can cause or will cause strife and we are all friends here.

This morning I am only able to access the forum via the Tor browser. Not totally sure but thinking that the forum IPs used have been put on the Maxmind DB pools (PFSense PFBlocker-NG). I have put the forum IPs in the white list on PFSense but still not working.

Back