Are you worried about the Corona Virus

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
My dad was very active in his 80's.  I golfed with him one week before his passing.  He was never sick / or wouldn't say. 

He got an upper respiratory infection (bad cold) was hospitalized and died over night at the hospital. 

Before he passed he did say goodbye to mom, gave her a kiss and said he would see her on the other side.

My Niece just moved to Korea last month so I worry about her over there. I saw something about WHO telling people 60 and up to avoid crowds now, I have only a couple months left to enjoy the maddening rush of a crowd.

Waynedb said:
 My Niece just moved to Korea last month so I worry about her over there. I saw something about WHO telling people 60 and up to avoid crowds now, I have only a couple months left to enjoy the maddening rush of a crowd.

you can also look forwared to long rides on the bus when you get that senior discount!

The only good thing about getting older that I have found is that you know a couple of things. The years force a certain amount of wisdom upon each of us.

Got my first flu shot last year which was recommended by my primary physician due to my age.

Interesting Vietnam animation.

"Jealous Coronavirus" music video from Vietnamese Health Dept. w/ English subtitles

[youtube]http://youtu.be/V9YirNgAzXI[/youtube]

March 3, 2020 at 10:24 a.m. CST

With the coronavirus spreading unpredictably and Americans bracing for an increasing impact at home, the Federal Reserve made an emergency interest rate cut Tuesday, slashing the benchmark U.S. rate by half a percentage point.

The central bank has not made an emergency move like this since late 2008. It was also a sign that global central banks are prepared to act to contain the economic fallout from the coronavirus.

The markets quickly rallied after the Federal Reserve announced the decision. The rebound came after a volatile morning, with futures pointing positive and then staging a U-turn.

I went to Costco today and it was packed, people were panic buying up all the bottled water. The tap is not going to stop working, I don't know why you wouldn't just get a water filter if you don't trust tap water. 

Viruses cannot be filtered. Viruses are smaller than water molecules.

Just more sales propaganda.

Sent using Tapatalk

LarrylLix said:
Viruses cannot be filtered. Viruses are smaller than water molecules. Just more sales propaganda. Sent using Tapatalk
People filter their water for contaminants that can be filtered, I would hope the chlorine in the tap water will take care of a water borne virus.

Waynedb said:
People filter their water for contaminants that can be filtered, I would hope the chlorine in the tap water will take care of a water borne virus.
What chlorine? City water is checked for bacteria, not viruses.
Sure, and who says bottled water from somebody else's well is any better?

They don't add chlorine to your water?
 I didn't go to Costco for water, I do keep a stockpile of bottled water at home in case the San Andreas fault decides to act up, I also have an emergency food supply. I live really close to where the last big earthquake on the Southern end of San Andreas occurred. I thought the people panic buying all the bottled water were overreacting to media hype, my trip to Costco was just a normal shopping trip for stuff I always buy.

Waynedb said:
They don't add chlorine to your water?
 I didn't go to Costco for water, I do keep a stockpile of bottled water at home in case the San Andreas fault decides to act up, I also have an emergency food supply. I live really close to where the last big earthquake on the Southern end of San Andreas occurred. I thought the people panic buying all the bottled water were overreacting to media hype, my trip to Costco was just a normal shopping trip for stuff I always buy.
I have my own well so no chlorine is added.. It gets checked at random a few times per year for bacteria counts, always 0. We do drink bottled water but did drink our well water for a few years. Now we drink bottled hard water due to too high and iron content in our water despite several stages of iron filtering. Iron is an organ killer. We use our softened water from the well for coffee and tea only. 

I thought I had read that the coronavirus was not affecting children.

Does anybody have any links to stats or information substantiating this? Age group stats?

pete_c said:
Well my issue here relating to not being able to access the forum was related to Ad Blocker Plus installed by default on all of my Firefox instances on Linux or Windows computers.

Even disabled Ad Blocker Plus was blocking the Cocoontech Forum.  
Hmmm.. There are blacklist/spammer checkers on the Internet to check for sites that might be bad. I entered http://cocoontech.com/ on several that check 100's of blacklist sites for a match, and cocoontech.com didn't show up on any. 

Is there a reason you have to go through Netherland's to get here? Is that to avoid getting the Corona virus from cocoontech.com members?   :unsure:

LarrylLix said:
Viruses cannot be filtered. Viruses are smaller than water molecules. Just more sales propaganda. Sent using Tapatalk
Maybe not, but viruses are not thrilled to be boiled. Also UV light can kill viruses easily. 

Oh, and they say reverse osmosis removes most viruses and bacteria as well.

Back