Arming Garage Door Suggestions

[SIZE=17.3333px]The door and motion in my garage is bypassed for 15 minutes. Once the 15 minute timer is expired my garage door closes. It has GPS to establish geographical areas that trigger different responses with the security system. My alarm system disarms when the key fob comes within 150-foot radius of the control panel. If your garage is attached you can put an entry sensor in the door of your house from the garage. You could also try putting a surveillance camera in your garage that motion activates and emails you or even trigger an alarm for you. Go for geo fencing that is really helpful or you could ask any security alarm installation companies to help you.[/SIZE]

DELInstallations said:
Or do what the old timers used to do, install a capacitor across the zone circuit.  I can't comment about how you have it driven, I'd probably use a relay to break the control leg from the panel on a fault.

Guessing the IR is pulsed and not constant. Cheaper PE's do that.
Using a capacitor across the zone did cross my mind, but I wasn't sure how the Omni would respond as the voltage slowly changed and crossed into the Omni "fault" zones.  Then I thought about placing a capacitor across the relay inside the unit, but worried it could potentially overload the driver transistor.  In the end I left it and used an ELK timer to extend the pulse time, but I sure which that SECO-LARM at least would add a jumper to enable or disable that action.  The on-off clicking is annoying when a beam is blocked. 

Not that this has much to do with the original topic, but I also have zones wired to tell if the garage doors are open as well as closed. I wrote rules for the M1G to only monitor when the door is opened. If the system is armed, and the door is left open, the door will close just short of the system arming. And if the system is disarmed, they will close in 10 min of being opened, just after a warning. The door closing circuit is wired through a relay on the M1G panel. This is a great feature, and saves us a lot of trips back to the house, as well as the false alarms. It also serves as a way to get people in the house from our phones because you can just toggle the output for the closing circuit.

If anyone ever attempts this, learn from my mistake. If the rule only monitors the door not being closed, it's possible for the rule to try to close the door while it's on its way down, thereby reversing it.

connie said:
The door and motion in my garage is bypassed for 15 minutes. Once the 15 minute timer is expired my garage door closes. It has GPS to establish geographical areas that trigger different responses with the security system. My alarm system disarms when the key fob comes within 150-foot radius of the control panel. If your garage is attached you can put an entry sensor in the door of your house from the garage. You could also try putting a surveillance camera in your garage that motion activates and emails you or even trigger an alarm for you. Go for geo fencing that is really helpful or you could ask any security alarm installation companies to help you.[/size]
How does the system disarm within 150 feet of the panel? How do you set that up?

Back