AT&T Uverse

Paul,

I use non standard port forwarding both on the FW and the DNS side for my cams and it works well.

I use non standard port forwarding both on the FW and the DNS side for my cams and it works well.

Me too. The issue I had to resolve concerned how the RG treated my router. Now that I have my router in the DMZ of the RG, everything works as intended.

The U-Verse router sounds a bit similiar to the FIOS router with some more added features. On the FIOS router just opening a statically defined ethernet port to the WAN link of the Linksys router worked for me. I did connect a cat5 connection to one of the other ports. That is where I noticed the difference in speed/thruput between the Linksys ethernet port and the FIOS router ethernet port. I also use this port to directly connect to the GUI on the FIOS router.

I use multiple DNS settings / ports because of the variety of devices I set up for access to the WAN. For cams its easier than using a reverse proxy. (IE I use one Panasonic IP PTZ camera but also use my ZM box with 8 wired cams to it).

Back