Automated Outlet Caution

My $.02

In a very general way I do understand where the OP is coming from. There are many times where I will email companies asking for information and I use their responses (or lack of them) to decide which to go further with. But that is for first time contact. For vendors that I have a relationship with or know from others I give a little more leeway because I know they are good companies and as stated here already, sometimes stuff just happens, no business or person is perfect all the time.

So, in this particular instance, I think the OP was a little quick to pen such a negative post (especially title) without trying a little harder first, especially knowing they had a good reputation to begin with. There have been many times where a company I know and trust have dropped the ball on occasion for whatever reason but its how they handle things after it is brought to their attention that determines if they stay on the good list or fall off the list. In this case, it looks like once it was brought to their attention they apologized profusely and went above and beyond to rectify. In similar situations I have asked companies to ship quicker to make up some lost time and while some of the better ones have, there have been some big reputable companies that have refused and totally don't care, THOSE are the ones to caution against.

I also think the title should either be updated or first post more complete since imho AO handled this very well. And I don't think any caution is in order at all for AO. It was a simple oversight, nothing intentional and stuff just happens sometimes.

Don't automatically assume that if your email goes unanswered, the business is purposely ignoring you.

Jeff

Oh, I agree with that...but honestly, for me I usually never excuse that. They're a company, they're trying to sell something, and I'm trying to buy it. There have been companies that I immediately disregard and vow never to do business with again simply because their website sucked so bad. My opinion (and it is ONLY that....I know I'm broken. :angry2: ) is that it is their responsibility to make sure there are no roadblocks to me getting the info I want, and when I want it. I have little tolerance for corporate ineptness when it comes to websites and emails.

Now, that being said, I also have a lot of patience and forgiveness for companies I've dealt a lot with. I have no idea WHAT it would take for me to stop buying at newegg or monoprice! They'd probably have to crap in a box and send it to me, and even then I'd probably try plugging it in a few times first to see if many I just didn't read the product description very well.

I also have quite a bit of patience for businesses recommended by people whose knowledge I respect....hence buying from AO and setnet.

I *DO* completely understand the aggravation that drove the OP to post this....and ya, perhaps the title could have been less accusing. But hey, we've all done stuff like that. It'd be nice if the title of the post changed, but even if it doesn't, if anyone reads even 2 posts beyond the first, they'll soon uncover a complete AO lovefest that will probably cause them to instantly go out and purchase a full Elk system.

I have no idea WHAT it would take for me to stop buying at newegg or monoprice! They'd probably have to crap in a box and send it to me, and even then I'd probably try plugging it in a few times first to see if many I just didn't read the product description very well.
Speaking of companies that deal over the Internet, there are some that can accommodate your every need!. :angry2:
What a great idea! And I bet they answer their email too!

Don't automatically assume that if your email goes unanswered, the business is purposely ignoring you.

Jeff

I would assume that a business that did not answer an email promptly regarding an order that was placed was understaffed or disorganized.

I would assume that a business that did not answer an email promptly regarding an order that was placed was understaffed or disorganized.

I have had several instances when someone sent a follow-up email saying I had not responded to a prior email. Checking my log, there was no evidence of that prior email coming in. I must also admit that I did miss a couple of emails that were amongst a bunch of spam email. They were there when I searched back for them. One other time the email had a bad date stamp. Since my incoming email is sorted by date, that was logged several pages back, and I never saw it.

The point is, sometimes email does not get through, and other times it is accidentally lost in the sea of spam. That doesn't mean the business is purposely ignoring your message.

Jeff

I have had emails arrive several days after they were sent. Not very often, but it happens. I have no idea where they were lurking in the meantime. Maybe the FBI was holding them and dusting them for fingerprints, who knows.

For the record, I never actually "e-mailed" Automated Outlet. The first message was send via the messaging system on their site. The next day I posted a problem ticket, in which case it automatically e-mailed me a response saying that it was received. I do agree that e-mail is not 100% which is the main reason I didn't use it when other methods were available.

I hate when people publicly start flaming a company before actually picking up the phone and trying to resolve it, also as I read in the posts they responded the very next day with a refund and upgraded shipping.

So, CAUTION Automated Outlet actually takes care of its customers, you have been warned!

I hate when people publicly start flaming a company before actually picking up the phone and trying to resolve it, also as I read in the posts they responded the very next day with a refund and upgraded shipping.

So, CAUTION Automated Outlet actually takes care of its customers, you have been warned!

I couldn't agree more with you. Automated Outlet is a top notch company offering great products at great prices coupled with fantastic customer service.

Jim

Thank you all for the kind words.

We do occasionally make mistakes but we really try to make up for it whenever we can.

thanks again,

Martin

I have only ever used AO and I have had issues (Like Martin said, the do make mistakes) but they were resolved with 1 or 2 emails to Debbie. Most recently I had no problem, placed an order, paid for 3 day shipping, order was processed late in the day, AO sent it out w/ 2 day shipping. Not many places will upgrade shipping b/c the order was processed late in the day and shipped one day later than expected.

AO prices products low assumingly to get you the cheapest price around.

If you want them to massage your feet while placing an order, then deliver it on a raised platform moved by 12 oiled eunichs, then you probably will have to cough up a little more when it comes time to make the sale.

The dude didnt call or give adequate time, assumed that $300 was being stolen, etc.

Standard way how internet customers handle things sometime. Pay the least, demand the most, get upset. Nothing more entertaining than seeing threats of lawsuits because you didnt answer their previous email on a sunday night, 30 minutes ago.

..no i dont work with AO, but have products sold on web to irrational people sometimes

Back