Beta test a free android app for WebControl

Hello Frank,

Di by chance your son was able to create a version of this android app that can monitor two cai webcontrol boards?

OK, thank you Frank, thank you to your son for making it compatible with marshmallow, greatly appreciate that.

frank can your son rename app as my webcontrol 1,my webcontrol 2,my webcontrol 3 this way phone will see it as 3 different apps? just a thought

It is the inside the app database needs to have more than one names, otherwise, all the configurations will be overwrite each other, does not matter how the app called.
Frank, I think if your son creating a database to have more instances based on last portion of board's IP address, that may help to have more than one boards to be managed by the app.

Has anybody compiled this open source app for latest Android lately?  We have a customer reported some issue with last posted app.

Thanks for Frank and his son, here is new app for Android 8, please test and provide feedback to Frank in this discussion topics.
Code:
http://www.cainetworks.com/products/webcontrol/WebControl-Android-8.apk

Hi there.

I was able to install it on Android 8.0. IT does take some time, near a minute on white screen, but just leave it and eventually, it will install.

However, I was also running the previous version with no issues that I could notice, so not sure what are the new features in this new version?

The main thing from my understanding was to be able to have two Wedcontol board running at the same time, but I don't see that option anywhere. 

Perhaps Frank and Sons can provide information what are the improvements to this latest version?

There are no new features in this version.  Its a straight rebuild for Android 8 as some folks were reporting compatibility problems. We did do a previous version that supported the 16 outputs of the WC32 but haven't dusted that one off recently.  We looked at a multi-board version but that will require a new approach; not sure when that might happen.

Back