Premise Change HostAddress on default website?

Motorola Premise
Getting closer.  I've got Sam's config displaying correctly in PremiseMetro.  I did some screen shots, but can't figure out how to get them posted in the thread :eek:

I've got some more testing to do and I'll submit a new version to the Windows Store.

I just submitted an update to PremiseMetro to the Windows app store.  It usually takes some time to get it through their certification process.  I'll let you all know when it's done.
I added partial support for the Weather Underground module (basically just showing forecast and temperature info).  I also added some code to defend against duplicate class names -- that's what caused the original issue...

Thanks John.  Got it.  Had a couple of issues, but no time to get you logs and such.  I'll try tomorrow.  But basically, If I went into my media and tried to drill into an album, it would crash out to the start screen.  Playlist would let me drill into them.  But I couldn't start anything from there.  If I tapped Play, it would basically lock and eventually crash to start.

I get a clean log tomorrow, I hope.  Busy weekend coming.

Do you have Media shortcuts under your Media Zones?  If not, I highly recommend you add one or two to test.  Then let's try just selecting the album (without drilling down first) by flicking it down until you see the check mark.  Then tap the play button.  See if that works.  Then try the same thing with the playlist (without drilling in first).  Try this in both a Media Zone and in the local media player (flick down from the top on the main page and tap Media Player to get it). 

I do have media shortcuts in my zones.  I have Artist>Album layout in my media files, so an artist with say 3 albume, I have to drill through Artist>Album to get to a song.  Can't get past artist.

I just tried a single album and it locked up and crashed just drilling from artist, one level down to album.  Never got to album.

Just restarted the service to get a clean log.  Started PremiseMetro and went into a media zone.  I let it set, figuring it had to build a list.  Somewhere in the middle of it, the app just went away.  I hadn't even tried to select anything.

Attached is that log.

I don't see the log.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary in your music hierarchy, but I can't test directly it since I don't have your music library or a host named holly on my network.   I'll try to setup a similar hierarchy in my test environment.

In the meantime, did you try just playing a PLAYLIST by flicking one down, getting the check mark,  and tapping play? 

I have family visiting this weekend, so won't have a lot of time.  But I'll try to give it a go tomorrow.

Yea, I'm taking my daughter to her Science Olympiad competition this weekend.  I'm not going to have any time at all.

So I finally had some time to try again and generate a new log for you.  Still can't drill into media.  Sometimes when I just go into my music library, it doesn't even finish loading.  It just crashes and closes the app.  I have tried this from the media zone within the room object and from the Media tab straight through.  I have even thought I would just open it to the artist listing and wait to let it load, then try to drill OR SCROLL, and it almost always crashes.

Starting to think there's something squierly with my media.

Log:  http://thebitwrangler.com/sites/default/files/PremiseWebServices.log_15-02-18.zip

I'm actually seeing the same thing with your config in my test environment, but the reason I'm getting weirdness is because I don't have a machine on my network named "holly".  In actuality, the crash is caused by a timeout.  Web Services is trying to retrieve a coverart image, and (for some reason) is timing out getting the image from Premise.  That in-turn causes a timeout during PremiseMetro SOAP call to get the image.  That leads to an error.  After a few errors it crashes.  Since I don't have "holly" in my environment, it times-out and I see what you see.

When I simulate your setup with my media library pointing to a machine that exists on my network, everything works fine.   No timeouts and PremiseMetro displays correctly.  I suspect that the machine running Web Services is having issues getting to the Premise Web server.  Or your premise server is having issues getting to "holly".      Could be permissions, or a "plumbing" issue.    Try pasting this URL in a browser on a machine NOT running Premise or Web Services:  http://holly:80/sys/{2431b58a-f59d-46b2-82bd-60b35c3aeda3

That should bring up coverart for one of your albums.  If nothing comes up, there's an issue talking to the Premise Web Server.  Can you try it without security enabled? 

When I try that URL, I get: 

Unknown Object: {2431b58a-f59d-46b2-82bd-60b35c3aeda3
What do you mean by trying without security?  What security?

Interesting it can't find the object.  That may be the problem.  The media library has it, but it doesn't really exist causing the timeouts.  OR, I fat fingered the GUID in the URL I sent  you :)

If you wouldn't mind, open up your Media and find a Media Folder that has a coverart image.  It's likely a JPEG.  Open the properties, and copy the GUID for the image.  Then use that GUID in the URL I gave you.  It should look  something like:

http://<servername>:<serverport>/sys/<guid-with-braces>

WRT security - I don't have access to my system right now, but under one of the builder menus there's an option to set the security model for Premise.  The default is simple (i.e. username password).  There is an option for None which doesn't require any authentication for builder (or anything minibroker based)>

Back