Echo, Elk M1, and UPB - Want contemporary Integration

essmd

I have an Elk M1 Gold (self-installed) and many Simply Automated UPB switched that control lights and pool equipment.  I also have a Carrier Infinity system with 6 zones, but have not yet sprung for a SAM to integrate, not sure I will unless I can advance my control.

Other than marginally convenient apps and the M1 panels, I have no other contemporary way to control my system.

I am enamored with the Amazon echo, and want to use this or something similar to interface with my system with easy access and preferably voice control.

What recommendations can anyone provide to guide me?  I do not mind replacing the M1 if necessary, but I prefer to keep the UPB since it works and already invested.

Thanks

Personally I would integrate software with your Elk M1 Gold panel. 

Have a look/read here on the forum relating to said endeavor.

I have integrated Homeseer with my Leviton Omni Pro II panel for many years now.

Simple and very much functional there is no product (Leviton HAI Omni Pro II) that I would replace it with except maybe for the Elk M1 Gold relating to what it can do for me today.

That said I recently tested a Homeseer Amazon Alexa application (sans Echo - pure meat) and a Microsoft Kinect plugin both working together.  The combination works fine for me and can control my OmniPro II panel plus ever piece of hardware connected to either the OmniPro 2 or Homeseer. 

Always have utilized Microsoft SAPI voice fonts here with my automation.  Voice recognition got a bit old in the early 2000's and I did shut it off.

Contemporary automation using text to speech (literally always around) appeared recognized for the first time here as if it was a new invention a couple of years back probably because it was on some syndicated television talk show.

Trying it again these days with a bit more granular integration. 

Am I going to keep using it?  Maybe so maybe not?

Personally still waiting for an in house (sans cloud) A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) entity to manage my automation.

Back