Premise Electronic door locks?

Motorola Premise
So I have the new VRC0P, a Kwikset lock and a Vera 2 controller. The Kwikset lock works fine with the Vera 2 controller, but I am unable to make the VRC0P see the Kwikset lock. I verified that it is associated via the Vera 2 (master controller), but I am not seeing any status changes, nor are the control commands working. Can someone share how I can verify the association via the VRC0P, and if needed, associate it? Thanks!

Dan,

The Premise VRC0P driver does all of these tasks via the associations and groupassociation classes. I've posted the latest version here:
https://zwave-driver-for-premise.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ViziaRF/ViziaRF.xdo

It took me a while to get this latest version completed this week or I would have responded sooner. You can view the code at code.google.com directly to see the protocol, or better yet, download Premise and import the xdo file under Modules and create a new VRC0P under Devices.Custom_Devices ;) It's definitely worth installing Premise to study the protocol as it has a built in port spy program (even if you don't use Premise). You'll be able to click on properties and see the rx/tx packets directly.

PS: Please point the Z-Wave Premise wiki to: http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=176 This link will always point to the latest xdo file for Z-Wave and Premise.

Thanks!

So I have the new VRC0P, a Kwikset lock and a Vera 2 controller. The Kwikset lock works fine with the Vera 2 controller, but I am unable to make the VRC0P see the Kwikset lock. I verified that it is associated via the Vera 2 (master controller), but I am not seeing any status changes, nor are the control commands working. Can someone share how I can verify the association via the VRC0P, and if needed, associate it? Thanks!

Did you ever figure out how to make this work? I have Vera2, and a kwikset lock. However, I run vera as a secondary to my Levitan controller so my Vizia zone controllers work properly. In UI5, I am unable to associate vera with the kwikset lock when vera is secondary (no more SIS). I bought a VRCOP in hopes that I could use it to associate the lock. I think I need another controller program, perhaps CQC or Premise to run the system, but I want to find something that has a good iPhone interface.

It depends on what you call a "nice" iphone interface, but if you want one you can customize and has iphone like icons, Premise minibrowser is worth looking at. If you are wanting full two way feedback with the iphone, you'll have to look for a different HA platform.

Back