Elk Keypad Choice

Just to close out this thread, I have ordered and received my M1G.  I decided to order a 2nd KP in addition to the one that comes in the package.  I haven't ordered any wireless interfaces or sensors yet.  I'm going to learn how to program and use it offline, then replace my 8-zone wired DSC system.  After that I'll add wireless where I want.  Thanks again.  I'm sure I have more questions.

SteveS said:
Just to close out this thread, I have ordered and received my M1G.  I decided to order a 2nd KP in addition to the one that comes in the package.  I haven't ordered any wireless interfaces or sensors yet.  I'm going to learn how to program and use it offline, then replace my 8-zone wired DSC system.  After that I'll add wireless where I want.  Thanks again.  I'm sure I have more questions.

I'm not clear on what you mean by learning to program offline but I have a suggestion. When I built my system I laid out the basic system components on an 8' long folding table, wired them together and tested it. I used the M1g, an XEP, 1 keypad, 1 speaker and a few sensors. It was an excellent exercise to learn how to wire the system, learn to install and connect with ElkRP and to test the parts.

Mike.

Back