Elk M1 notifications

RogueOne

I get email notifications when my alarm goes off but how do you get specific details as to which zone was violated?

Unfortunately, the Elk does a crap job with dynamic email content.  I found the emails to be less than helpful and never bothered trying to get into more detail.  You'd be far better off with a 3rd party service... I think Alarm Relay has notifications - but I haven't used them myself yet.

Another option is to install a Raspberry Pi with Node Red. Then, configure Node Red to interface with the Elk M1. This give you lots of other possible options and integrations.

I think that zones can be sensed and notifications sent with home automation software like Homeseer. Try posting your question in the home automation forum.

Mike.

sionxct said:
Another option is to install a Raspberry Pi with Node Red. Then, configure Node Red to interface with the Elk M1. This give you lots of other possible options and integrations.

does such an interface exist already that you can export for us?

I never bothered with trying to get any detail out of the email message. Once I got a text stating my alarm had been activated, I would log directly into a) the Elk app and/or b) my camera system.

My camera system was configured to send me MMS messages as soon as anyone was at my front door, so I would typically always get those before any alarm message anyway. So, for example, I would see my wife walking through the front door, then get a message that the alarm was going off...  likely due to some excuse relating to needing to do something else and forgetting to disarm. 

Back