Elk M1G & On-Q inQuire Intercom

Armor Clad's pinout worked for me. My model # is F9017.

Are you running the talk wire through an M1 output? I can't seem to get that to work. If I hardwire the talk wire to the ground, it activates talk and the audio gets through (albeit quietly at the moment). But I can't seem to get an Elk output to trip the talk relay.

RandyKnight said:
Add me to the list of cocoonetech M1/Greyfox integrators. I'm still having a volume problem though. I've got the global volume set to 7 but the volume is still very low. Intercom volume doesn't seem to affect it either.

I hooked the line level converter up to one side of an AUX input on a stereo receiver and I had to crank that way up to here anything as well.

Maybe I don't have my resistors quite right? I did not include the capacitor but otherwise wired as referenced on the elk site link in this thread.
Solved the volume issue. I had the negative side of the line level output hoooked up to the RS485 negative. Moved it to the common on output 1 and that fixed that. Still can't get the output to work though.

I assume this scenario will work with an On-Q HMS Controller and not just Elk?

I met with On-Q last week and was told they are working on new products to allow integration into the intercom system. It will likely all work with their new 7 inch touchscreen system. Looking forward to that but not at an outrageous price similar to the smaller touchscreens at over a grand. Was told it was not going to be expensive and actually reasonable. We shall see.

Does anyone know what the auxiliary in (aka telephone in) on the IC1002 is for. I've figured out the interrupt plug, but I'm wondering about the other undescribed port.

Chris D>

Does anyone know what the auxiliary in (aka telephone in) on the IC1002 is for. I've figured out the interrupt plug, but I'm wondering about the other undescribed port.

I have an answer from OnQ Technical Support: the auxiliary port can be used as another intercom station -- it will accept an IC1004. I suspect there's more, but that's all they've said so far.

I'm using the OnQ intercom as my doorbell system. Does anyone know whether I need an ELK-930 to detect the button push on the door unit, or will a simple voltage level input do? I suspect that since I'm monitoring another system, electrical isolation is probably required.

Chris D.

I know this is an old thread, but can anybody supply details of how they did the electrical interface to their Greyfox intercom, using either of the following methods?:

1) headphone output (ie soundcard) feeding into greyfox intercom
2) speaker-level audio output feeding into greyfox intercom
3) line-level audio output feeding into greyfox intercom

I have the module pinouts, but would like to know specific details of the electrical circuits used, and how well they worked for you. There is a long-dead link earlier in this thread that teases me with the promise of electrical details.

Carl

Carl,

I think you may be referring to this link:

http://www.elkproducts.com/support/images/ELK-M1_Line_Level_Output.gif

I checked the wayback machine and found a copy:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071013032227/http://www.elkproducts.com/support/images/ELK-M1_Line_Level_Output.gif

Best Regards,

Rod

Ok this is an old thread but I have an OnQ inquire intercom system and use insteon lighting via an ISY 994 and just purchased the ELK M1 Gold since all the threads report it works well with the ISY994.  I would love to set up my audio to come out of the existing intercom speakers.  I figured out which wires I need to wire to send audio to the OnQ intercom but I was wondering if everyone who made this work did so with the resistors as noted on the drawing, with a speaker to line level converter, or both?

Sorry to bump an old post, but I thought I'd post that I recently got this working with an OnQ IC1000 intercom module. Using Cat5e with RJ45 plug on one end, bare wire on the other (i.e. cut the RJ45 off one end of a patch cable.)

Pin 2: Common, connect to the common terminal on Elk Output 3
Pin 3, 4: Mic (Input), connect thru attenuation device* to Elk Output 1 (voice/speaker out)
Pin 6: Talk, connect to the N/O terminal on Elk Output 3
Pin 7: Talk (not used)
Pin 8: Door Talk (not used)

Plug the RJ45 end into a intercom port on the IC1000 module.
Create a rule in Elk: WHENEVER amplifer turn on, turn on Output 3. This shorts Pin 6 to Pin 2, triggering the talk function of the intercom
Set voice output to level 1 (quitest setting)

* For the attenuation device, I used a speaker level to line level converter. I'm also not sure what the polarity of the mic input is. Sound quality is not as good as normal intercom communications, which may be an attenuator or polairty issue.

Back