Elk M1XOVR Output Expander causing garage opener to reset

soccerob

Just hooked up my main floor garage doors to the M1XOVR output relays and noticed that after using the elk to turn those outputs on and then off, that the clocks on the openers were flashing 12:00. so i watched the openers as I triggered the outputs to close the doors and I can see the screen go off and remain off for the duration of the output being switched "on". then the screen comes back on with an error code for a moment then goes back to normal. I've got them hooked up the same way that the manual shows an example. Could it be possible that I hooked the wires up in reverse? I assumed that the output was just completing a loop to tell the opener to close the door but I don't really know.

Edit: tried reversing the wires to the N/O and com terminals but same results.
I also have 1 of the openers hooked up to output 3 on the main m1 board and it has the same behavior.

thank you. someone mentioned soldering my 2 wires onto the back of the board where the button contacts touch the board. each button had 4 solder points on the board so i tested shorting them until it triggered the garage door. then i soldered my wires onto those points and everything worked great and the GDO screen no longer resets. already fixed it on all 3 openers.

Back