*** Elk Rule in question for Water Alarm with ELK-9100

mikefamig said:
What is the advantage of using the water alarm rule instead of just checking to see if the zone is violated? And if the water alarm rule beeps the keypad as you say then it is firing and not the problem. I don't think that I am understanding this correctly.

Mike.

Since he has multiple water sensors, using the "any water alarm" rule allows things to be condensed to a single rule, rather than using multiple rules to check each zone individually. 

From @mp333's previous posts, it doesn't matter which form he uses. In both cases, the output doesn't change as a result of the rule. 

RAL said:
Since he has multiple water sensors, using the "any water alarm" rule allows things to be condensed to a single rule, rather than using multiple rules to check each zone individually. 

From @mp333's previous posts, it doesn't matter which form he uses. In both cases, the output doesn't change as a result of the rule. 

So then am I correct that the rule is not triggering when the water sensor rule is used and that it is firing when the zone violation rule is used?

mikefamig said:
So then am I correct that the rule is not triggering when the water sensor rule is used and that it is firing when the zone violation rule is used?
Mike - It does not work for both rules. I tried individual water sensor rule where if the zone was violated it would trigger output13 and then tried where any water alarm would trigger output 16. All I am trying to do is trigger output 13 to kill the power to the water well.
The Arm Away mode works fine where it triggers output 13 to turn power off to the well water.

What if you put the conditional of the alarm before looking at the zone status. Might require a conditional for both states of the alarm, armed and disarmed. I'm guessing the "becomes disarmed" conditional is what's causing the other rules to not fire. The system should be either one state or the other for the rule to fire, as the system never "becomes" disarmed.

DEL - Not sure about what type of conditional rule I can try. If you can give an example, I can give it a try.
I tried disabling all rules associated with water Alarm and 9100 except individual water sensor becomes violated turn output 13 ON. STILL NOTHING.

Mp333 said:
Mike - It does not work for both rules. I tried individual water sensor rule where if the zone was violated it would trigger output13 and then tried where any water alarm would trigger output 16. All I am trying to do is trigger output 13 to kill the power to the water well.
The Arm Away mode works fine where it triggers output 13 to turn power off to the well water.

Have you actually watched the sensor voltage in the RP status screen when the water sensor is violated but fails to trigger the water sensor rule? Does the voltage reflect that the zone has been violated?

Mike.

Do you have advanced options checked? Change to open zone instead of violated?

What ZT do you have? What type of detectors? EOLR?

mikefamig said:
Have you actually watched the sensor voltage in the RP status screen when the water sensor is violated but fails to trigger the water sensor rule? Does the voltage reflect that the zone has been violated?

Mike.
Yes it does. Voltage goes from 12 to 0..

I decided to do a bench test of some rules similar to your original rules, with rules to turn output 13 on/off when the system is armed away/disarmed.

And another rule to turn output 13 on when a single water alarm zone becomes not secure.

The rules work fine, with the output doing exactly what it should.

index.php

I can think of just a few possibilities as to why yours won't work.

One possibility is that you have some sort of conflict with the water alarm rules and some other rules.  Have you tried deleting all the rules, except for the few that have to do with the water alarm and output 13?  If it works in that simple environment, then I would start adding your other rules back in a few at a time until you find that it stops working again. That will give you an indication of where the problem is.

Another possibility is that there is something wrong with your M1.  It's hard to imagine what might cause that, but it is certainly possible.

The last one is that it is some sort of bug in the M1's firmware for the rule engine.  I don't think you said what version of the firmware you are running.

I ran my test with version 5.3.8

Back