Email Notification

Buddy

Hi everybody,

I read some posts here about having emails sent by the ISY but none of them seam to help me fix my issue. I was able to set up the M1 to send emails but it appears from reading different post that the ISY is more reliable when comes down to sending emails notifications.

My issue is that my ISY is not sending emails. The test button is not sending me anything. In my Network Setting I wrote my ISY IP address in the "IP address field". The Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0, and the Gateway and DNS IP address are the same. I got them by performing the "ipconfig" from the run tool. The HTTP Port is listed to 80 and the HTTPS Port is listed at 443.

Why does the test not work? Im thinking something is wrong with the IP address I indicated but dont know what exactly. Im pretty sure they are correct

If you are running firmware version 3.2.6 and you have the "default" checkbox checking in your SMTP settings on the ISY then it is not working because of a bug, you should try and upgrade to the beta firmware.

I have both the ISY and the M1G set up to send emails. The M1 has been very reliable on sending emails which I have it send for: Backup Generator Start, Stop, and Fault, Low Heating Oil Supply, Low House Temp, and Low Temp in My Weather Station Heater. I use the ISY to send emails for low battery notification in my Insteon wireless motion detectors. The limitations of the M1G are that you can only send a max of 16 emails, and the length of each is limited. Both the M1G and the ISY have proven reliable in their email notifications. It sounds like you could have an issue with your SMTP settings on the ISY.

If you are running firmware version 3.2.6 and you have the "default" checkbox checking in your SMTP settings on the ISY then it is not working because of a bug, you should try and upgrade to the beta firmware.

I do have version 3.2.6 and the default checkbox in selected in the SMTP settings. What is the difference/advantage to go with the beta firware?

The later firmware fixes the problem with the email default check box not working. You can upgrade to fix the issue or create an email account that the isy can use instead of the default server.

Typically Beta firmware adds new features, or it can take some features away. Usually an upgrade is recommended to fix a problem or to add new features that aren't in full release yet. Make sure you read the release notes to make sure none of the existing features you are using are affected. Or, try using you own email account...

I'm trying to upgrade but Its not working. Also I don't have the feature available to perform an automatic upgrade. Is their a link I can use to follow instructions or something. Not sure why its not working.

Ok so I upgraded to firmware 3.3.8 but still not emails are being received? What should I be looking at?

Back