Found a good LED flood bulb.

mikefamig said:
I just installed three of these on a Simply Automated UPB dimmer switch:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cree-65W-Equivalent-Daylight-5000K-BR30-Dimmable-LED-Flood-Light-Bulb-BBR30-06550FLF-12DE26-2U100/204366183

Nice white light in the garage and they seem to work well with the UPB. They are not 100% dimmable though, they are missing just a little at the bottom end of their range.

Mike.

I need at least 5 bulbs (the ones from the OP) to work with my Intermatic z-wave dimmers to get them to power off. In the rooms with less, I just kept a single incandescent there. It isn't noticeable until dimming goes down low.
To get that extra bottom end of dimming I can use the automated system to set a low level - much lower than I can get with the wall switch.

video321 said:
I need at least 5 bulbs (the ones from the OP) to work with my Intermatic z-wave dimmers to get them to power off. In the rooms with less, I just kept a single incandescent there. It isn't noticeable until dimming goes down low.
To get that extra bottom end of dimming I can use the automated system to set a low level - much lower than I can get with the wall switch.

I hadn't thought of that, I'll have to try playing with the dimming settings in the SA software.

Mike.

Counting the kitchen ceiling lamps here all on multiple UPB switches and multitoggle UPB switches.

This is relating to the main cooking areas where as the kitchen nook has its own lighting (not cans).

They are all BR-30's / 65 watt.

7 are on one UPB switch
5 are on separate UPB switches

Typically I personally will dim them a bit but wife uses them all at full brightness for any cooking endeavor.

$6.97 was best, $16.97 was OK and $20.97 (today) is not worth the effort.

$11.97 is still too high.

Back