HAI Omni IIe Fuse Trouble every time alarm activated

csald

Hi,
I have an Omni IIe panel with two zone expansion boards 10A06-1set to address 1 and 2 and configured as follows:
Module 1 > Hardwire Expander
Module 2 > Hardwire Expander
Module 3 > Access Control
Module 4 > HAI Hi-Fi 2

Serial ports connecte:
Serial 1 > empty (232)
Serial 2 > empty (232)
Serial 3 > Access Control (485)
Serial 4 > HAI Hi-Fi 2 (232)
Serial 5 > Email Board (232)

Each time the alarm is activated, I get a Fuse Trouble notification and have to reset the outputs to clear it. Is something not configured correctly or what could be causing the fuse trouble when the alarm goes off?

First thing I would check is if you are overdriving the current output for the siren.  Disconnect the siren and trigger an alarm to see if the fuse triggers.

I will try that. I have three sirens connected: Int. Sounder, Ext Sounder and Output 1 > Int. Sounder.

It's probably worth mentioning I had a previous configuration and got "No Controller Data" on the console after the alarm was triggered. I changed it for a new console, but got the same error after alarm went off. The previous configuration was:
Module 1 > Hardwire Expander
Module 2 > Hardwire Expander
Module 3 > Omni Link
Module 4 > Omni Link

Serial ports connected:
Serial 1 > empty (232)
Serial 2 > Access Control (485)
Serial 3 > Email Board (232)
Serial 4 > HAI Hi-Fi 2 (232)
Serial 5 > empty (232)

It seems to me, voltage is being applied somewhere it shouldn't.

You have too much device power up by controller so make over current. Try to un-connect device one by one. I recommend start with output. If it ok, you can using external power supply with relay. you can reduce current on sounder alarm by  add more serial power resistor.

Back