HAI omnipro tamper zone readings

Desert_AIP said:
What PIRs are you using?

Is this the PIR from your other thread?
No, this is a different PIR which has an NC relay for the alarm and which has a jumper to set the resistance on the alarm circuit that I set to 1K. I have attached the wiring schematic. All the PIRs share a tamper zone and I have set the jumper for the tamper zone on the last device in the tamper circuit.
scan0040.jpg
HEre

Detector is a NO unit with EOLR in parallel with the protective circuit. The circuit is NO, not NC.

It is designed for either NO single EOLR or DEOLR. Also, it's not a NA spec unit, it's from the EU (Galaxy is a EU Honeywell product).

The Terminal wiring description in the instructions definitely describes the Alarm circuit as an N.C relay and the Tamper circuit as an N.C Tamper switch.
but since it is anyway set by a jumper switch I don't understand why this would affect the zone readings I am getting

I don't get why you're being cryptic about what detectors you have, why you're choosing them and why EU spec units are being installed on a NA panel but to answer your post:

That's not how the schematic is showing the unit and internal EOLRs being connected.

The unit is designed for DEOL or triple EOLR.

You either need to change your wiring method and use of the internal EOLR or verify using a meter how the detector is actually behaving in relation to the internal EOLR.

How DEOLR and EU panel circuits are wired is very different from a single EOLR or NA panel.

DELInstallations said:
I don't get why you're being cryptic about what detectors you have, why you're choosing them and why EU spec units are being installed on a NA panel but to answer your post:

That's not how the schematic is showing the unit and internal EOLRs being connected.

The unit is designed for DEOL or triple EOLR.

You either need to change your wiring method and use of the internal EOLR or verify using a meter how the detector is actually behaving in relation to the internal EOLR.

How DEOLR and EU panel circuits are wired is very different from a single EOLR or NA panel.

I am not based in NA but wanted the Omnipro to do HA as well as security. I picked up the detectors in the UK.
I metered the alarm circuit with the 1k jumper on and it showed a 1k resistance - is this what you meant?

Hopefully I am not being really dense here...the PIR was unplugged from the panel and I was just measuring through the alarm + and alarm - on the PIR.

Let's get the alarm circuit working first.  Remove jumpers J1, J2, and J3.  Connect the OmniPro Zone + to the ALARM terminal closest to the Power - terminal.  Connect an external 1k ohm resistor to the other ALARM terminal.  Connect the OmniPro Zone - to the other end of the 1k ohm resistor.

If you can't get a 1k ohm resistor, install jumper J2 in the 1k position and connect the OmniPro Zone - to the TAMPER terminal closest to the ALARM terminals.

The above assumes that you have the OmniPro configured to use an EOLR on an NC zone.

Yes, that now works fine with no jumpers used, going from secure 147 to not ready 128 when triggered.  Many thanks. The issue was the internal jumper that I had set to 1k seems to be in parallel, rather than in series.  Now I understand why people were saying above that it was meant for DEOL!

Now, is there a way to have a fully supervised loop with the HAI that includes the tamper circuit in the alarm or do I have to have a separate tamper circuit on its own zone?

Tamper should be NC. Wire in series with existing NC circuit OR if the PIR gives an option, wire it's protective circuit as NO with tamper as NC in series back to the panel. Alarm on short, trouble/tamper on open.

If you ended up installing jumper J2 in the 1k position, then just move the OmniPro Zone - connection to the other TAMPER terminal.

I have wired the tamper circuit in series with the alarm circuit and then connected a 1k resistor between the tamper output and the zone - (no jumpers set)

This give secure (148) correctly but on detection and tamper it gives a Not Ready (253) rather than the Not Ready (128) that I was getting with only the alarm circuit connected.

When I wired the alarm and tamper circuits in series but used either J1 or J2 to give 1k, it reverted back to the old problem of giving 128 Not Ready when secure and 148 Secure when actually Not Ready.

I also tried wiring it like this http://www.structuredhomewiring.com/AlarmWiring.aspx (picture Single Normally Closed Powered Sensor With Single End Of Line Resistor With Tamper Wired on Same Zone)
and I get a reading of Trouble 162.

Any other suggestions?

cestor said:
I have wired the tamper circuit in series with the alarm circuit and then connected a 1k resistor between the tamper output and the zone - (no jumpers set)

This give secure (148) correctly but on detection and tamper it gives a Not Ready (253)

STOP!  This is correct!!

LOL, but then how can the panel differentiate between a tamper which should be constantly triggered and a regular detection which only happens when the system is armed? Do I write an automation block for this?

Back