HAI UPB rocker switch double click programming?

Nifield

Hey all, i spent the majority of my weekend programming all 100+ UPB switches in my house, and now im down to start programming some of the functionality. I have had some success but on some things i want to do i have had little to none.. i will explain both here and was hoping someone that knew a little more about it might be able to help.

I have an omnipro II with pc access software, and a ton of upb switches with a number of rooms setup (over 8)

all switches have been configured and work through pcaccess software

I was wondering if its possible to program a double click on a light switch to shut off all lights in a room instead of using up one of my scene switch settings?

Second, i want to program the all on/all off on one of my eight button scene switches, but i wasnt having any luck, is this because i have over 8 rooms in the house? or could it be because i have it setup in the wrong slot in the room?

thanks for any help you can offer!\

Oh, also after i put in all my rooms and zones and units, i saved from pcaccess and wrote to the controller, and then on the 5.7e touchscreen i pressed and held till i was able to get the settings and hit ok to reload them, but for some reason some of my zones and control untis arent showing up on the touchscreen when i go into security and or control.. any help with that would be greatly appreciated as well. thanks a bunch.

Reilly

For the lighting you can make a double-tap turn a room on/off. This will require the UpStart UPB software. In UpStart you can assign different actions to different press combinations.

What I recommend is activating a link on a double press. Then have HAI turn off the room when that link is received. You can also have music turn on/off with it this way.

The 8-button controllers are meant for 8 rooms only by default. If you want to control more then 8 rooms individually you would need 2+ units.

You can take the 8-buttons out of HAI mode in the UpStart software as well. Then you can make each button a link that does whatever you want. This can get a little messy with the LED tracking though...

Last - try and power cycle your 5.7e, that would be my first troubleshoot step.

What is great to do is to create links for each device, and also links for each room, and links for higher functions like all fans, all inside lights, etc. Then just program any switch to deactivate the room link with a double bottom click. I have all my rooms programmed like that, and the controller is not even involved so its very quick. Putting the controller in the middle will add an annoying delay.

What is great to do is to create links for each device, and also links for each room, and links for higher functions like all fans, all inside lights, etc. Then just program any switch to deactivate the room link with a double bottom click. I have all my rooms programmed like that, and the controller is not even involved so its very quick. Putting the controller in the middle will add an annoying delay.

nice, ok ill have to give that a go when i get that far. as right now i do have the annoying delay :p

Back