Haiku Haiku/Space seem dead - what are you migrating to?

By "the service" you mean my Space or the one I use every day Haiku??  You better not stop my Haiku or I'll sue thru Apple, no kidding.  Why do that??????????/  Get your license period extended if that is what it takes....  Your explanation is full of BS in my humble opinion.  I paid for the App and expect it to function..... Apple take notice because you are an accomplice...

the "service" that's stopping is push notifications to either space or haiku.  the app will continue to work fine, just won't get push notifications

If a haibun won't work, you could also consider a short head note: "This year in Louisiana there was a warm spell in December:"

The haiku itself is what's important.

If you are looking at commercial quality solutions, the three primary are Homeseer, CQC and Allonis's myServer.  All are very mature and as capable as any systems on the market and certainly more capable than any "free" solutions.
Feel free to ask questions...a user or manufacturer rep are sure to respond.

I just purchased a HomeSeer Zee S2. It is basically a small Linux box running their software.

So far it is working great. There is a plugin for Omni that automatically finds all of your ancillary equipment. Then you can choose what to expose on the client side of the Homeseer software.

I have also installed the Alexa software and am controlling all of my lights via voice through the Zee S2.

I don't like their standard UI for IOS or Android and their UI development software is really pricey (IMO). I utilize iRule around the house so I am working on integrating the Zee S2 with iRule.

Joe

I'm curious about HomeSeer on the ipad as a keypad. Also I would love to see screenshot of irule with your omni?  I have irule and really love it - but I don't know how well it would work and it might require quite a bit of programming to do what Haiku currently does.

heffneil said:
I'm curious about HomeSeer on the ipad as a keypad. Also I would love to see screenshot of irule with your omni?  I have irule and really love it - but I don't know how well it would work and it might require quite a bit of programming to do what Haiku currently does.

I was using iRule with Haiku Helper. Homeseer has a similar exposes API like Haiku Helper. I am just porting the code over within iRule. So the iRule really doesn't show anything Omni per se. It is all in the background.

Oh you aren't using the HAI module withint irule?  You are using irule to make http calls to the Haiku Helper or transitioning to HomeSeer.  How much is the UI dev software?

heffneil said:
Oh you aren't using the HAI module withint irule?  You are using irule to make http calls to the Haiku Helper or transitioning to HomeSeer.  How much is the UI dev software?

Correct. I am not using the OMni in iRule. Calling via http. The transition is fairly sismple. Just a small syntax change.

$199.00 USD

In the interim of seeing what Space will become, I am using the Alexa Dot via Homeseer for most everything now. The bridge is a little Pi Box from Homeseer (the smallest/cheapest one being the HomeTroller Z S2.) It is loaded with the Homeseer software so you don't have to buy the software separately. I started out running a trial of Homeseer on my Mac. Once I determined it would meet my needs I bought the S2 because the price was almost equivalent to the cost of the software alone for the Mac, and I felt having a small bridge device, and not depending on the Mac, would provide better up-time. (it just plugs into the network and any 5v USB power source.) There are hundreds of plugins to integrate Homeseer to various devices - including the HAI panel. Development of new plugins and updates are rapid because of the popularity of the Alexa devices.

I have to admit, saying "Alexa - Kitchen Lights On" from anywhere in the room, is a lot faster than looking for a hand held device, finding the page, and activating the device.

P.S. Anyone familiar with J River's Media Center - Alexa can control it also!

I am doing the exact same thing. It was amazing how easy it was to get as far as you mentioned with Alexa.

Joe
avpman2 said:
In the interim of seeing what Space will become, I am using the Alexa Dot via Homeseer for most everything now. The bridge is a little Pi Box from Homeseer (the smallest/cheapest one being the HomeTroller Z S2.) It is loaded with the Homeseer software so you don't have to buy the software separately. I started out running a trial of Homeseer on my Mac. Once I determined it would meet my needs I bought the S2 because the price was almost equivalent to the cost of the software alone for the Mac, and I felt having a small bridge device, and not depending on the Mac, would provide better up-time. (it just plugs into the network and any 5v USB power source.) There are hundreds of plugins to integrate Homeseer to various devices - including the HAI panel. Development of new plugins and updates are rapid because of the popularity of the Alexa devices.

I have to admit, saying "Alexa - Kitchen Lights On" from anywhere in the room, is a lot faster than looking for a hand held device, finding the page, and activating the device.

P.S. Anyone familiar with J River's Media Center - Alexa can control it also!

This helper app - I don't want to waste a mac to run it. It needs to be something that can be loaded on an existing in-wall iPad (similar to how apple allows an iPad to serve as a HomeKit relay for remote control outside the home).

Back