HDTV and Video Cards

This is where I hear the program DVDIdle comes into play. It will allow the DVD to play by blocking or stripping the macrovision.

My transcoder should arrive next week and I can let everyone know how it works out. It won't be suceptable to the macrovision issues.

have you tried this software, or is there is a reason you aren't going with DVDidle?

Never tried DVDIdle as it doesn't get a lot of good press in the forums I'm been searching and watching. As described to me, you must launch the software before using your dvd playing software and then "magic" happens. Lots of instability reviews but keep in mind you'll only hear from the people it doesn't work for. Rather than buy the software, I invested the money towards the transcoder.

Thought I'd give everyone an update on my system. I received my transcoder (crescendo systems 2200) and quickly installed it. I've been fighting with powerstrip ever since.

At this point I feel defeated. I'm not happy with my component video and haven't been able to stumble into that perfect configuration. My nvidia 5200 is very flexible and has been displaying a tonne of configurations I've tried on a monitor but my Sony seems to be VERY selective. If I do get a higher resolution running I either suffer waaaay to much over/under scan.

Right now, using powerstrip, I'm able to run:
640x480p

but haven't been able to get any other stable resolutions on my Sony KP-57WS500. I was hoping to pull off a 720p or 1080i. If my TV is able to display these hi-def resolutions, I must be able to get something better out of the TV.

So anyways - I continue to plug away but caution that a transcoder is not neccesarily the holy grail.

Any other words of wisdom out there?

Now Rupp, why would you take all of the fun out of it by buying another over priced peice of hardware that creates more heat and takes up space. One simple box that does it all seems more appealing to most people I think.

Hey, I think this is my first Cocoon post.

Dave

Back