Premise Image on Lighting panels

Motorola Premise
I'm intrigued; that's a significantly different arrangement of UI controls compared to the stock version. I believe there's at least one theme that has the Nav Bar on the bottom but I've never seen the other controls relocated.

Can you explain what you modified to get that look, specifically:
"Task Items" occupy all of the left-hand side
"Current Options" appear on the right-hand side
"Navigation Bar" is on the bottom

I assume that the "Admin Options" would appear below the "Current Options" on the right-hand side?

I moved the task list settings way up to get the current items up high enough, I then used X offset settings to move the current items to the other side.

I adjusted the left hand side buttons by adjusting the image offsets. I just started playing around on a PC with nothing really hooked up to it to see if I could make a custom theme without breaking the others. Fine tuning of various offsets and left and top items was needed.

theme3.jpg

theme2.jpg

I had to add some of the settings that were missing in the theme, for example "NavbarOffsetX or NavbarOffsetY.
I started out using the Ion and Media center themes to get an Idea what settings I needed, the current items buttons I made, I had to vary the spacing by adjusting the font size. The Big buttons on the left I could move by adjusting the imageOffsetX and imageoffsetY values for the buttons. The current options Buttons didn't have the same properties as the Home, Media, Users, Scenes and Themes buttons. The text that was next to the graphic I moved off the screen by adjusting the text offset value.

Thanks for detailed screenshots. There's so much to learn about how AutomationBrowser works and you've opened my eyes to yet another facet.

By examining code written by John and Rob, and through trial and error, I discovered that Plugins > Selectors is where you define UI controls. Now I know that a Theme not only controls a Plugin's "skin" but also its general position on the screen.

I'm not at the stage of creating a custom Theme yet but I appreciate the fact that you're "breaking trail" for others. Thanks!

FWIW, I've been busy creating two new Modules:
TaskEx extends "Task" and provides additional scheduling flexibility (specific Months, Seasons, Civil Sunrise/Sunset, Nth Day/Week of Month/Year, etc).
NewsCaster lets you create a list of scheduled, personal events (Anniversaries, Birthdays, Tasks, Holidays, Vacation, etc) and then, each day, it'll display a categorized list of current events and, optionally, speak them via TTS ("Good Morning! There are three news bulletins this morning").
I hope to post these "real soon now". I also created a Module to control 3COM Audreys but, given the limited audience of Premise users, I doubt anyone needs it.

Thanks for detailed screenshots. There's so much to learn about how AutomationBrowser works and you've opened my eyes to yet another facet.

By examining code written by John and Rob, and through trial and error, I discovered that Plugins > Selectors is where you define UI controls. Now I know that a Theme not only controls a Plugin's "skin" but also its general position on the screen.

I'm not at the stage of creating a custom Theme yet but I appreciate the fact that you're "breaking trail" for others. Thanks!

FWIW, I've been busy creating two new Modules:
TaskEx extends "Task" and provides additional scheduling flexibility (specific Months, Seasons, Civil Sunrise/Sunset, Nth Day/Week of Month/Year, etc).
NewsCaster lets you create a list of scheduled, personal events (Anniversaries, Birthdays, Tasks, Holidays, Vacation, etc) and then, each day, it'll display a categorized list of current events and, optionally, speak them via TTS ("Good Morning! There are three news bulletins this morning").
I hope to post these "real soon now". I also created a Module to control 3COM Audreys but, given the limited audience of Premise users, I doubt anyone needs it.

I would love to see some of the custom screens some of the pros made for Premise. I am just playing around with Photoshop, until a few days ago I only used photoshop for photo editing. If you look at some of the GUIs over at the CQC forum, you will see what the Photoshop experts can do.

I made a LCD style panel and added it to the post with the other backgrounds I posted on the first page, it is a .png file and can be pasted onto a background in a photo editing program. I don't know if anybody even wants them but I thought somebody might have a use for them.

Although WayneDB probably already knows this, but for all other Premise users who want the ability to tweak the UI:

Every object in Premise has a "Plugin" that defines how the object will look in the browser. Each Plugin has a Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) that defines the object's font, font-size, width, height, margins, transparency level, background-image, etc. All of a Plugin's properties are accessible via scripting so, theoretically, you could change an object's appearance based on the season, time-of-day, or other criteria. If you're handy with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS it'll all be self-evident.

Attachments

• Plugins.png
    Plugins.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 24
I'm intrigued; that's a significantly different arrangement of UI controls compared to the stock version. I believe there's at least one theme that has the Nav Bar on the bottom but I've never seen the other controls relocated.

I assume that the "Admin Options" would appear below the "Current Options" on the right-hand side?

I wouldnt mind seeing the xdo for that? Could you save it off and put it into the downloads?

I wouldnt mind seeing the xdo for that? Could you save it off and put it into the downloads?

I didn't finish this theme, I am still working on the wood buttons for the theme at the beginning of the post, I just changed a few settings to see if I could seperate the controls on the task list without having to alter global settings. I will upload it though if anybody wants to see it.

I put the background and the 5 left side buttons (Home, Media, Users, Scenes and Themes) up in the download section also.

I took a look - nice job. I finally broke thru with some concepts.

A slightly different, although related question/point...

I'm not sure if others have done this, but in addition to the user theme personalization, I added personalization to a specific client. I'm sure some of the hard cores have done this, but I don't recall hearing it - but then again, at this point, I don't recall what properties the client setting originally had...

I just added (or at least what I have now) is the client IP, the theme, and the webroot. Static IPs. No 'users'. Personalizing users, would be next, but not high on my list....

I guess this might be too late, but I also got the installation working on vista so far (I'll post here if it starts freezing up or something).

All I did was end the install application under the application tab in task manager. Next, I manually started the premise services under the services tab in task manager.

Don't stop the individual installer processes (under the task manager process tab) as this will uninstall premise and remove it. I'm not sure what the premise install is doing during that last bit when it freezes, but I'm guessing it must not too important?

I guess this might be too late, but I also got the installation working on vista so far (I'll post here if it starts freezing up or something).

All I did was end the install application under the application tab in task manager. Next, I manually started the premise services under the services tab in task manager.

Don't stop the individual installer processes (under the task manager process tab) as this will uninstall premise and remove it. I'm not sure what the premise install is doing during that last bit when it freezes, but I'm guessing it must not too important?

Never mind. I can't get it to work. It won't show any property settings for the serial port and other devices...

I recently reinstalled and I seem to have solved it by installing Premise to a directory off of the root. So it's C:\Premise not Program Files. Install fine and works great.

Interesting as well, the browser seems to perform WAY better if I use localhost in the url on the server, and use the IP address on any client PC. Hmm..

This is on Vista 64 BTW.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I was being impatient when I said it wouldn't work. Here are the steps I did to get it running:

1. End the install application under the application tab in task manager.

2. Next, I manually ensure the premise services under the services tab in task manager is stopped. Don't stop the individual installer processes (under the task manager process tab) as this will uninstall premise and remove it.

3. Reboot. Now, click on setup.exe again, but this time select "repair."

4. Reboot again and ensure the premise services are started (they should be).

Permise is working pretty well for me under vista. So far I am controlling my receiver via rs232 and I'm able to select media to play.

I recently reinstalled and I seem to have solved it by installing Premise to a directory off of the root. So it's C:\Premise not Program Files. Install fine and works great.

Interesting as well, the browser seems to perform WAY better if I use localhost in the url on the server, and use the IP address on any client PC. Hmm..

This is on Vista 64 BTW.

You beat me to the punch! Could I ask you to please start a new topic and re-post this material? This is valuable information and is buried far too deep in this thread ... and is off-topic ("Image on Lighting Panels") so prospective Premise users may never find it.

Back