Interlogix 5822A-W glass shatter sensor wiring help

How many screamers?  Those are the same ones I put in for my friend's install many years ago (three of them) and I am pretty sure I just connected them directly to the Elk's siren output (they only draw 0.175 amps each).

BraveSirRobbin said:
How many screamers?  Those are the same ones I put in for my friend's install many years ago (three of them) and I am pretty sure I just connected them directly to the Elk's siren output (they only draw 0.175 amps each).
Only two.

You are right with the current draw. So could I use out2?

These take two conductor wires, right?

How do I connect both screamers to the same out?

I have wires running from the elk board location to two different areas of the house. I cannot run wires from one siren location to the other siren location. Each siren wire comes to the elk board. Given this setup, how exactly will the two screamers be wired to the same out?

Pcarfan said:
Only two.

You are right with the current draw. So could I use out2?

These take two conductor wires, right?

How do I connect both screamers to the same out?

I have wires running from the elk board location to two different areas of the house. I cannot run wires from one siren location to the other siren location. Each siren wire comes to the elk board. Given this setup, how exactly will the two screamers be wired to the same out?

Only 2 conductor wire is needed for the screamers.  You'll need to connect them in parallel to OUT2.  As long as the total current for all the screamers does not exceed 1.0A, you'll be within the specified limits of OUT2.  Be sure to configure the M1 for voltage output on OUT2 (Global System Definition G26).

RAL said:

Only 2 conductor wire is needed for the screamers.  You'll need to connect them in parallel to OUT2.  As long as the total current for all the screamers does not exceed 1.0A, you'll be within the specified limits of OUT2.  Be sure to configure the M1 for voltage output on OUT2 (Global System Definition G26).
Thanks!... I did see in the manual, if I use screamers on out 2 I'd need to program global option 26 to voltage. I'm sure it will make more sense once I get into the guts of the programming.

I was afraid I'd have to connect the two screamers in parallel. How do I do that without have any wires from one screamer to the other? Could I just join both + and both - wires together (from each screamer) close to the m1k board and then stick the fused + wires into the + out2 of the board and the same with the - wire?

Pcarfan said:
Could I just join both + and both - wires together (from each screamer) close to the m1k board and then stick the fused + wires into the + out2 of the board and the same with the - wire?

Depending on the gauge of wire you having coming into the panel from the screamers, you can just put 2 wires under each elevator screw terminal.  Should be fine with 18 gauge or smaller wire.  Or, if you prefer, you can put a pigtail wire on the screw terminal and wirenut or crimp it with a B-connector to the wires from the screamers.

Just use 22 gauge wire as the current draw is way low on those piezo screamers.  Each plus from the screamer goes to the plus output on the Elk, and same for negative scenario.

RAL said:

Depending on the gauge of wire you having coming into the panel from the screamers, you can just put 2 wires under each elevator screw terminal.  Should be fine with 18 gauge or smaller wire.  Or, if you prefer, you can put a pigtail wire on the screw terminal and wirenut or crimp it with a B-connector to the wires from the screamers.

BraveSirRobbin said:
Just use 22 gauge wire as the current draw is way low on those piezo screamers.  Each plus from the screamer goes to the plus output on the Elk, and same for negative scenario.
Thanks!

Back