Introducing the CastleHUB powered by CastleOS, now on Kickstarter!

ChrisCicc said:
I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to libel. Trolls can troll elsewhere, we don't lie to our customers.

Libel is a published false statement that is damaging.  Trouble is, you're the one who posted false information.  

Apparently you have some odd definition of troll.  All the controversy in this thread followed from your uninformed claim that your product would support HomeKit.  Rather than admit your blunder, you've called posters "trolls" and "fanboys".  Claimed that others are ignorant and "don't understand the technology" without providing any details as to our supposed knowledge gaps.  

I don't think your behaviour brings much credit to your organization.

Craig
PS:  Were I an investor in your company, I would be gravely concerned about your lack of knowledge of HomeKit.  Apple is now an 800 pound gorilla.  Your competitive analysis is woefully incomplete if you don't understand their plans and how it intersects with your company's strategy.

Guys, is this exchange really necessary.  There have been some absolutely excellent postings recently in these threads regarding the status and future of HA, but letting this one degenerate into name calling and accusations is not in character with this forum.  It's always been a positive place to visit in the past.

Can it get back on a constructive footing?

Wait wait wait...this is better than TV (which I do not watch anyways)...still in the Grammar playing Herod mode here...

Well, we are not at religion and politics fire storming yet. 

I agree with you Deane.  I have lost interest in following this specific thread lately.

Well there are mods that are always watching.  They are watching this thread like many other Cocoontecherers.

You can also ask for your own vendor sub forum that you can moderate if you want. 

Yeah you (your company) got me interested in the Kinect thing. 

I am mostly at the Linux pieces of the main automation mother ship now and recently bulk purchased Kinects (first gen) and one micro Windows 8.1 machine that I was to use with testing of one Kinect.

I am currently still heavy utilizing Microsoft SAPI and while I got it to run in Linux Wine.

I had to throw the kitchen sink at it.  Geez learned a bunch from a blind man's post.

Easier here went to a satellite Wintel Embedded box to just do the SAPI thing.  Simplier without the kitchen sink.

Will your software ever run in Linux?  Any plans relating to said topic?

It is still a Q and A thread Chris.

Thank you Chris.  I tried to build a tiny Wine / Wintel environment for Kinect konnectivity in Linux wine and got no place with it and went back to pure Wintel / Kinect stuff. (playing with drivers).

What about that whole Microsoft dot net stuff and Mono in Linux? 

I get confused sometimes in Wine doing some stuff having to remove references to the dot net stuff leaving the mono stuff and vice versa sometimes. 

Lately more confusing to me a bit is doing this stuff and either running Wine (wintel stuff) in 64bit mode or 32 bit mode while running in a 64bit Ubuntu OS.

So, I am confused as to how kickstarter actually let you create a project.  It appears you are reselling a Zotac z-box(maybe with custom specs), Windows OS, Aeon Labs Zwave, etc...I applaud what you are doing but fear you have duped kickstarter into helping you sell software...which they don't.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/rules

https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prohibited

I personally felt compelled to report your project to kickstarter and hope others do the same.  

ChrisCicc said:
Perhaps - just a thought here - you should fully understand Kickstarter's rules and processes, and the product being offered, before you make accusations and report people?

Kickstarter vetted the project for a week before allowing us to launch (I didn't choose to launch at 6:30 pm on a Friday by choice), and asked us many questions. 

We are not in violation of any Kickstarter rule, not for reselling (we're not), and not for offering software (that is a fictitious rule you made up). 

Have a good day! 
Perhaps - just a thought here  - you should stop making assumptions about people you don't know.  I've been through the vetting process through kickstarter before...it can be easily manipulated.  

My whole point is that it is not the best forum to sell your software "pre-installed" in another companies device.  Stop trying to make your product something it isn't.

I stand by what i said...you are reselling windows 8.1...you are reselling a zotac z-box...you are reselling an aeon labs z-wave devices...you are reselling a kinect...you are reselling insteon devices...Kickstarter is for creatives and makers...the only creative thing you have done is write a piece of software that interacts with other manufacturers hardware.  

Find another place to peddle your wares, and maybe take a PR seminar...your bad responses here only reflect the customer service of your future company.  

Good day and good luck. 

I dont hate you or your product.  I do however dislike your vehement denial of any wrongdoing.  I wish you luck out of manners, but have trouble seeing your company succeeding with the bad attitude you have displayed on this forum.  You need a reality check and maybe kickstarter pulling your project will be just that.  

In theory, once the .NET package is installed, running a .NET app on linux should be as simple as running one on Windows, i.e. requiring no configuration.

Yeah so far (well at least with Wine)...it running Wine....configure this and that via command line ....profile for the specific program calls to dot net stuff and then making sure you have all the stuff you need in the 32bit bucket or the 64bit bucket.

Mono is much easier to run stuff in (well instead of using the entire kitchen sink stuff).

Is that you Mr. Bettinger from Fort Worth? I like Texas. Did some gas and oil stuff there a while back.

pete_c said:

Is that you Mr. Bettinger from Fort Worth? I like Texas. Did some gas and oil stuff there a while back.

Not I...good guess though...working on my third professional degree...a JD.  Texas is great, but life is too short to live in Dallas.

Welcome to the forum Nicholas. Yeah; it was the number thing in your name.  Ahh...Texas is a nice place. 

I use Russound here too; well used to use Windows Media center a few years back...but have gone to Linux bypassing Android for my media center stuff.

Does this hub interface with Envisalink?

Is CastleOS an Operating System? 

If I preorder on Kickstarter, am I able to return it and get a refund if I don't like it?

123 is far from a troll.  He's done more for the HA community than you ever will, and has donated thousands of hours and his source code to help others.

All you did was purchase software from a guy I saw on tube 5 years ago and repackage it.  I'm sure you paid him for his source code and time, so no problem there.  No offense, but you didn't create anything, and 123 has posted many creative modules here.  What have you posted or shared that's of any use to others?

ChrisCicc said:
Hahahaha as much as trolls are a PITA, your persistence does crack me up!     :rofl:

Must be different software then?  There was thing guy back in 2010-2011 that had all kinds of neat Kinect home automation youtube videos like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jeJSdJPpk

Regardless, you should really study what troll means before you use it.  I would also suggest hiring a PR person as others have suggested.

ChrisCicc said:
Jeeze more personal attacks from clueless trolls. I'll let the community speak for my work. 

Edit: To be direct, since you've made the accusation: I, and I alone, founded, created, and coded CastleOS.

Chris - You've just completely lost me now.  I have been watching CastleOS since you started here and thought that there might be a time when it could work for me.  

But the way you have handled those that have questioned you, RIGHT OR WRONG, has totally turn me off to your company.

I am not even going to get into the argument other than to say, potential customers asked questions, or are watching this exchange and wondering the same things and you have attacked.  This is NOT the way to build customers.

You may not like playing politics, but if you want to run a successful company, you'd better learn it.

And having dealt with 123 and etc6849 for years on this forum, I can tell you, neither is a troll.  Both have been amazingly helpful to many here.

Back