Introducing the CastleHUB powered by CastleOS, now on Kickstarter!

You mean ask questions like 123 did before you attacked him?  Useless talking to someone like you.  I'm done here.

In my defense, I asked you that question a few years back in your other thread and you ignored it and didn't respond.  Maybe go back and read to refresh your memory?

ChrisCicc said:
I know it's hard for trolls, but try asking questions before attacking...

I have read every post in this thread.  Whatever you say, you have handled it badly.  Trolls or not.  But for what it's worth, I don't think anyone on this thread was a troll.  People asked legitimate questions and you responded badly.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing.

And for what it's worth, things like this make people ask:  "If I were a customer and had an issue, is this the way I'd be treated if I were disagreed with?"

That's why you need to learn how to deal with these things.  Fore every that posted here, a whole bunch of lurkers have been watching.  Always happens.  You'll never know what you've lost.

I'm not sure how you can say people who a) repeatedly call my a liar and accuse me of defrauding my customers, and b) attempt to speak on behalf of my company, or c) accuse me of buying CastleOS from some other developer don't qualify as trolls. It's literally the definition. Again, that is not okay for a community such as this.

Nothing I said about HomeKit or anything else on this thread is false - yet thanks to AZ and the other trolls some people including yourself believe that I have. I didn't mention this before but I'll say it here - has anyone considered I might have signed an NDA or two along the way and can't talk about how I know everything I know? Two industry insiders - Dean and myself - disagreed with the HomeKit trolls. They ignored the professional opinions. That's their right, but it doesn't make them right. 

You think I'm here for some marketing ploy, I'm not. CT drove 2.2% of our traffic last month, even with this thread, and half of that is repeats. I'm here for the community, I'm here to see what you guys are interested in. If announcing a Kickstarter success means that community personally attacks me, I'm not sure it's worth it for me to be here for Q&A with Cocoontech users.

I'm sorry to see you've interpreted this interaction they way that you have.

To reiterate all the things I was falsely accused of:
  • Lying to customers (we have not)
  • Defrauding Kickstarter backers (we are not)
  • Tricking Kickstarter into approving a project that is against their rules (we didn't and it isn't)
  • Owing the person who accused me of being a lying fraud an apology (is that a joke?)
  • Not creating anything or sharing anything of use to others in the HA community (does donating voice controlled smart homes of our creation to the disabled count?)
Many people have posted in between those various comments with serious questions which I replied to with serious answers.

For all of those personal attacks, all I did was label them trolls. I think that's a pretty fair reaction. I could of course have simply not responded - but then the last comment of record is that I'm a fraud, liar, cheat, or trickster, depending on the comment. That isn't okay for this community, it just isn't.

From the CastleOS site:

CastleOS integrates support for more smart devices and protocols than any other home automation system.

Is there any documentation available, like a comparison chart, to support this statement?

I ask because there are several broad categories of devices your competitors support (alarm panels, AV equipment, irrigation systems, etc) that I don't see listed for CastleOS.

I'm with Samgreco but just didn't want to get into this post.  I came in late and started at page 6 and went backwards to page 4 and was surprised how the post degraded...I'd never seen that on Cocoontech before.  So then I read from page 1 to the end and have been keeping track of it since.

I've had people come at me agressively with my new subwoofer company.  I didn't take the bait and deflected and ended up getting some respect.  Your tactics have definitely not endeared yourself to me who was planning to give CastleOS a try when you get around to adding RadioRa2 support.

I've seen a friend with a company get involved in some things like this and my advice to him was to let others in the forum that are advocates handle these sorts of negative threads so you can stay clean.  Either way, I'd recommend anything but your current counter-aggressive strategy as it only hurts you.

And I'll mention your community comment; I agree but I've not seen anything like this in the 3 years I've been on this very helpful site with many types of posters from entry-level to advanced DIYers to professionals.  At some point you might want to look in the mirror and figure out the common denominator in this thread and why several people have posted they will no longer be potential customers of CastleOS...or don't.

I was excited for you and CastleOS as I felt you were doing some really great things, technically and from a business perspective.  I hope your technology is solid because I'm not impressed with how you've handled yourself in this thread.

Serious questions...let's see if you can answer all with a little class and without name calling. Be as technical as you'd like I'm sure we can handle it.

Who designed your 'hub'?

Can I run other applications on the 'hub'? WMC? Excel? Minesweeper? Chess?

Why does your 'operating system' need an...operating system?

OK guys, enough is enough. I'm out. I've never been ostracized for calling someone a troll before. I've deleted all my posts except for the OP and the two above where I call out the personal attacks. Including all the useful posts with answers to questions. I can get what I need out of this forum (tracking industry trends and DIY interest) by watching passively. I like to give back, but not to a community unappreciative to the point of jealousy and personal attacks.

To those who performed personal attacks and those who have supported them after the fact, shame on you. That isn't what this community is about. The jealousy I've seen presented here astounded me. For all that, I've gotten zero referrals on my Kickstarter. This forum just hasn't been worth it.

For those who support and use CastleOS, I'm sorry I won't be here any longer to perform Q&A on Cocoontech. You are always welcome to join us on our forum where customers are treated with the respect they deserve, and trolls are banned by moderators who actually bother to moderate.

It's been fun! 

I'll just respond by saying I've seen no evidence in any other threads that Cocoontech is against CastleOS.  There are many technologies and products that are well represented and I'd say the community at large would love for any one or more of these HA systems or software packages to truly become a market success.  I could care less whether that is CastleOS, Homeseer, CQC, Premise, Haiku/Space, etc., I'd just be glad to see one make it out of such a small niche, limited reach market.

ChrisCicc said:
To reiterate all the things I was falsely accused of:
  • Lying to customers (we have not)
  • Defrauding Kickstarter backers (we are not)
  • Tricking Kickstarter into approving a project that is against their rules (we didn't and it isn't)
  • Owing the person who accused me of being a lying fraud an apology (is that a joke?)
  • Not creating anything or sharing anything of use to others in the HA community (does donating voice controlled smart homes of our creation to the disabled count?)
Many people have posted in between those various comments with serious questions which I replied to with serious answers.

For all of those personal attacks, all I did was label them trolls. I think that's a pretty fair reaction. I could of course have simply not responded - but then the last comment of record is that I'm a fraud, liar, cheat, or trickster, depending on the comment. That isn't okay for this community, it just isn't.
[Emphasis added.]

If you were to go back and re-read the postings, you'd find none of these is actually asserted by another poster.  

ChrisCicc said:
OK guys, enough is enough. I'm out. I've never been ostracized for calling someone a troll before. I've deleted all my posts except for the OP and the two above where I call out the personal attacks. Including all the useful posts with answers to questions. I can get what I need out of this forum (tracking industry trends and DIY interest) by watching passively. I like to give back, but not to a community unappreciative to the point of jealousy and personal attacks.

To those who performed personal attacks and those who have supported them after the fact, shame on you. That isn't what this community is about. The jealousy I've seen presented here astounded me. For all that, I've gotten zero referrals on my Kickstarter. This forum just hasn't been worth it.

For those who support and use CastleOS, I'm sorry I won't be here any longer to perform Q&A on Cocoontech. You are always welcome to join us on our forum where customers are treated with the respect they deserve, and trolls are banned by moderators who actually bother to moderate.

It's been fun! 
[Emphasis added, again.]

In addition to calling people trolls, you also suggested we were ignorant, are just "fanboys", etc.  I think an unbiased observer would say you given committed far more personal attacks in this thread than you've received.  

The fact of the matter is, all this started when you said "HomeKit will be supported", with no qualifications.  To those of us who had been following HomeKit quite closely, this was very surprising.  None of the other available information suggested that another home automation platform would be able to control HomeKit accessories.  I know I wondered if you were working with Apple under the Made for iOS program and had something very new and different coming.  Others must have wondered along the same lines as you were then pressed for details such as how you would handle encrypted communications since that requires Apple's custom-designed chip.  Your responses to these questions, however, showed that you had very little background on HomeKit ("It not an open platform?!?") and that your initial assertion of support had to have been pulled out of your anal cavity.  Still, I defy you to quote anyone saying you were "lying"--we gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were under informed.  It seems that you can't separate that from the label "liar".

Craig

wuench you are correct, this thread has run its course, redacting most of my post...

The degeneration of this thread is indicative of a much larger social issue regarding the autonomy of the internet. People too easily forget their manners when behind a keyboard. The golden rule should apply in all situations - treat others as you would like to be treated. A conversation on a forum thread should be no different than one in person face to face.

-Ben

Back