Leviton RF Installer Toolkit v1.1.1.0 crashes frequently

Interesting, the exact same thing happened – minus the network rebuild. I was able to use virtual button function first time RTIT v1.1.1.2 ran. The second time RFIT started, the crash was triggered. Hopefully, they will fix this quickly. I am getting ready to add some more lights soon and using Hyperterminal is a pain.

I mentioned to technical support that it would be nice to eliminate the virtual button dialog box altogether and synchronize all the areas automatically. Personally, I just add all the areas to virtual buttons.

d.dennerline said:
Thanks for updates. Did anyone else experience crashes when trying to enable VRC0P virtual group buttons screen and trying to build different groups?

SJHart, How many Z-Wave locks did you successfully re-install with this release?
I have three zwave locks and they all work for the first time ever! SJ

Heard back from Leviton today.  New version of the installer should be out sometime later in the month.

Got a question about associations. If I want to change the associations of a controller button after initial deployment, do I make the change in the software and then deploy again? Updating controllers doesn't make the change apply. Thanks. SJ

Well, it doesn't crash anymore when you access the virtual buttons.  However, it looks like the crashes corrupted any previously setup buttons.  When I pulled up a virtual button I'd been trying to work on, all the lights in that area were listed 5 times.  Deleted that button and recreated it, and everything seems to work.  Hopefully will get a chance to test further over the weekend.

I wasn't sure of a better place to put this, but I think it could be added as News somewhere on the forum:

"Leviton has released a Smarphone interface for the newest version of Vizia RF+ Installer Tool, version 1.1.3.0.  This interface allows you to leave your computer in one place and walk around to include devices with your Smartphone.  This is especially convenient for Network Wide Inclusion (NWI) networks.  To access this feature click on “Network”, then select ” Launch Remote App.”  This will provide you a link to navigate to with your Smartphone.  The interface currently allows you to Include nodes, change names, and repair the Z-wave network being setting up.  There will be further updates with more advanced features. "

I'm trying to find info on the Smartphone portion... if it's a downloadable app... and if so, what platform(s) are supported.

Update: It's browser based. When you do the steps above, the computer will prompt you with a web address to enter into your phone. I'll definitely be trying this out...

Has anyone tried to see if the virtual group button over-the-air configuration works. Now that latest version does not crash, I cannot seem to get the VRC0P to save all the assigned areas. Whenever I tried to activate a group with ElkRP, ever light in house is manipulated.

Back