Life without a console?

You cannot program the keys / IP on a new configuration with PCA.   You can only do this with a keyboard / Omnitouch 5.7.

Its been while that I had some networking issues and went to using the serial connection with PCA.  Even had issues with the serial connections.

That said I did also have an Omnitouch 5.7 sitting next to the computer connected serially and I was playing with both when I had network issues.

You have a valid PCA configuration you have downloaded from the OP2.  Make a back up of the configuration.  Remove the IP / keys from it and connect via a serial connection.  Download the configuration from the panel.  I am guessing that the IP and keys will be downloaded from the panel.

Next using your valid configuration, just change the IP on the network piece and upload the updated configuration via the serial connection. 

See if that has changed the IP of the panel.  I do not know if the change is dynamic so un power your panel (battery / transformer) and see what IP comes up.

You are correct. 

CONTROLLER IP ADDRESS, PORT NUMBER, AND ENCRYPTION KEY 

The controller’s local IP address and port number set the local network parameters for the OmniPro II controller.  The encryption key is used to establish a private, secure connection with the connected device. 

The following Setup items can only be assigned and changed from an HAI console.  These items can not be assigned or changed via PC Access; although the IP address and port number may be viewed via PC Access: 

Back