Haiku Love Haiku and HH but its too slow!

Steve: You followed the steps to first switch to the Control tab and then hit Home and then back as I posted? Otherwise other items may be in the queue.

For 18 units it should be around 4 seconds to complete the refresh. 50 units takes about 10-11 seconds. It should be the same speed as H@me or SnapLink. The time to completion is what matters, as the refresh of units is in random order, not sequential. These measurements include the time to connect also.

Are you testing on the LAN or over 3G? 3G would of course be slower, as would a slower device. The numbers above are from an iPhone 4S, WiFi, Controller Firmware 3.10.

Yes, I followed those steps exactly. Time was primarily on iPad2 connected via WiFi. OPII running 3.9. Time is very similar on iPhone 3GS WiFi. I don't have H@me or Snaplink to test against and while it always felt kind of slow I just figured that was normal. And yes, quick connect is on and full refresh off. With full refresh on the numbers basically double.

Perhaps the controller is busy doing something else, like talking to another device at the same time? My other guess would be poor network reception perhaps?

The controller gets really slow if multiple devices try to communicate with it at once.

Its already submitted to Apple, just waiting for approval.

Just wanted to note you will only see the speed increase after the initial launch of the new version. The first launch of Haiku will still always take longer as it does load names etc on every first launch. Once a section has been loaded at least once since the first launch, you will see the big increase in speed in that section (when re-opening Haiku from being in the background).

So for example, once you have viewed the status and the controls tab after the first launch, it will subsequently always be quick to load them. The same goes for the other tabs.

Yesterday I tried to open my gate with haiku and it was futile effort. By the time it connected, I went to more - butons clicked the button and then activate I pulled out my other phone after all this opened up h@me typed in my code to authenticate with the HAI panel and activated the gate next door. All much faster. :( So Looking forward to the new version and I keep checking for updates in the app store since I saw your changelog post. Can't wait for it to be approved!

Hey guys. So the update has been available for a few days. Just wondering if you've noticed an improvement in the load times? It should be a lot quicker.

I think things seem faster. I haven't tried it on my phone. I am going to install my next iport tomorrow with the third ipad as a omnitouch replacement! Very exciting.

Lupinglade:

The new release seems faster on both my iPhone and iPads. What exciting new features can we look forward to next?

Keep up the good work!

I was wondering if anyone has tested Haiku with the three different versions of the ipad. I need to go check it out myself but my next ipad setup is going to be used the most and I want to make sure it is peppy so I might splurge for a ipad 3....

A neat feature I would love to see one day is similar to irule where we can make our own interfaces. For instance I have a screen I made for controlling the garage doors. It is a picture of the three doors and if you push on any of those doors they toggle. Pretty awesome and I will miss that feature when I replace that omintouch - but about nothing else will I miss :)

Cool thanks! I noticed today that two of my ipads weren't running haiku but I left them running the night before. Coincidentally both of them were like this? Any ideas? Thanks!

Back