M1G Areas - Need Help

The OP has a rule based off looking for a flag to determine what state the other area is at any given time to determine what message and action to define the F key as performing, which mimics the exit key for the main area if the secondary area is not ready, but performs a global action when both areas are ready....which sounds very confusing for an end user when it's not a necessary item.

All I was getting at is this really isn't needed based on how it appears they use the system, or how most people would be using a similar system. If you set up the F key as an "arm all areas" via rules, any secondary flagging is not needed as they will not arm if not ready. The only use of a flag then would be to prevent an "arm all" from arming a possibly occupied but disarmed area, but that really would mean the "arm all" isn't a proper fit to system function and globally arming IMHO.

In the cases I've set up the F key to arm all areas. End of story, no flag needed. Put the text into the keypad programming section for the description to be displayed and then program the F key in the rule portion to perform the action (arm areas XYZ) and it's done. If someone wants conditional arming via an F key, that is when you need to start building boolean into the rules with flags.

As an aside, I recently installed a system where arming a garage also armed the barn but does not affect the main or guest houses, however arming the house affects the barn and garage but the guest house and barn affect nothing.

The key with the M1 and a bunch of other systems is to remember the default way the system operates and build as little as needed to perform other actions.

Back