M1XEP address changed cant connect now

42etus

<p>We had a local power outage and when the power came back up the Elk wasn't behaving normally. I opened RP2 and found that the IP address of the XEP had some how changed from 192.168.1.60 to 192.168.3.64 . Now I'm not able to login to the XEP to change it back to the correct IP address.</p>
<p>I have rebooted both the M1 and the XEP several times, but that didn't help. I have connected my laptop directly to the XEP with a cat 5 patch cord, but was still not able to connect (using the 192.168.3.64 address). I'm at a loss here as to how to connect to the XEP and set the IP back to what it should be. Suggestions are welcome.</p>

EDIT:
OK, I RTFM and followed the procedure on pg 25, set the XEP to DHCP and used the new assigned IP address to connect. Then I simply changed the IP back to what it was previously and all is good. Strange though; the MAC address that is show when I do a &quot;FIND&quot; isn't the MAC address on the XEP label.&nbsp; What's up with that?</p>

There is a known bug in older levels of the XEP firmware that sometimes causes the IP address change that you are seeing, and also causes the MAC address to change.   It supposedly was fixed in version 2.0.42 of the XEP firmware.

There is no way to reset the MAC address back to its correct value without returning it to Elk.  Living with the corrupted MAC address probably won't cause problems unless you have more than one M1XEP on your network and they both have the same bad address.

I actually have two XEP's on my network, but they do have different MAC  addresses.......................... At least for now.

42etus - Question - why do you have two XEP's (I assume connected to the one single ELK M1), and how did you set the second one up?   I presently have an extra XEP sitting around and was thinking how I could re-purpose it somehow with the Elk M!.

I have an Elk M1 in our house and a second one in our rental house next door. The Elk in the rental is on the same network as our house. Tenants don't have access to it.

Back