Mamac Current Sensing Switch/Switches, CT-800/CT800 NEW on Ebay

Could you list some of the uses you've put yours to, Mr. Train Engine? Just for ideas...

Why, sure.

1. Monitoring the power in the attic ventilation, gives me an indication of when the thermostat has kicked in and affirmative indication of fan power. (BTW, has anybody had the Leviton X-10 switches not function correctly when a parallel supply, such as through a thermostat, is active?)
2. Sensing the turn on/turn off of an old-time stand-alone outdoor motion detector floodlight. Doing this brings nighttime motion detection at the garage into the M1. I don't know the make of this motion detector unit (came with the house) but it is great, very sensitive, long-distance, and in an important location at the garage. It works so well I am disinclined to replace it.

Desired:
1. Monitor another old-time outdoor motion detector floodlight.
2. Monitor my radon suction fan, which I sometimes turn off because of noise and then can forget to turn back on. (I could alternatively handle this with just a powerline switch, but it is on an outside wall with some complications.)

Have any extras, by any chance?

Dave

2. Sensing the turn on/turn off of an old-time stand-alone outdoor motion detector floodlight. Doing this brings nighttime motion detection at the garage into the M1. I don't know the make of this motion detector unit (came with the house) but it is great, very sensitive, long-distance, and in an important location at the garage. It works so well I am disinclined to replace it.

Have any extras, by any chance?

Dave

Well that's a GREAT idea. That makes it super easy to turn your standard lowes motion light into a motion sensor. brilliant. Thanks for the idea, though we don't have any motion lights around our house.... (we moved away from the area where those were our first line of home defense).

No extras, sorry. I picked up the last 2 from the ebay auction when it was posted, and I think I've already lost them in my pile of un-used hardware. ;)

My first 2 desired targets are the hot water heater and my well pump. I'm just not sure where to connect it, at the hot water heater, or the circuit breaker end. Both involve disconnecting the wire and bringing it out, so I'm a little unsure of which end would be better. I have a plumber coming a little later in the month, and since he probably wired the hot water heater, maybe I can get him to unwire it and put the sensor on.

If I use those up, I've also got 4 current sensors for use with my datanab I/O module. They cost a lot more than the mamac did though, but they also give an actual current value, not just a relay indication. However, they don't work with 220v, so with these mamac on the 220 circuits, I can save the datanab ones for 110 circuits.

Back