mControl & INSTEON bundle now available

PC's have changed a lot. My Livingroom MCE box is connected to my Onky surround system using SPDIF, so sound quality is incredible. Both my MCE machines are locked down, so I do not apply new patches anytime they come out. Once every few months or so, I'll check how critical those patches are, and apply based on needs, so maintenance of these machines is very low.

PC's can indeed be loud, but there are so many sites dedicated to how silence your PC, from using special powersupplies to hard drives with liquid bearings. There is a huge aftermarket for those parts, and then there are many tricks as well.

Many AV installers are now installing MCE in the home theater room, just look in the magazines, or check out the TV shows about home theaters. You will usually see MCE on the screen. I can't vouch for the quality/stability of the other DVR type software out there, but my wife absolutely loves it, since it is also my movie library (click the DVD cover to start the movie). Heck even my 2 year old grand daughter loves MCE, she uses it to look at pictures of herself, and goes crazy!

Look into getting an Antec Sonata case. The only problem is it is a typical tower type and not suited for most TV entertainment centers. It is the most quiet case I have ever dealt with. Cases I have dealt with in the past include a variety of "no brand name" cheap cases from Fry's, Antec SLK 835, Antec 10xx series, & Chieftec (spelling?).

The only thing that comes close to this are some Dell computers that are very quiet. Of course this doesn't mean it will be quiet enough for you, but you have to get right up next to the case to determine if it is on.

Back