Monitor Needed for Samsung Security System

HAdiy

My monitor went out on my Samsung security system. It seems it has a unique video-in input as can be seen in the attached picture. Does anyone know where I could purchase a monitor with a video input such as this?

Thanks in advance!

You are indeed correc, I meant the black input. I'm looking for a monitor with 4 of these inputs at a minimum and 8 preferably (for future capacity). Any suggestion on where I can buy one would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

After doing some research, it seems a monitor with RJ-11 inputs will be quite expensive ($600 or more). A monitor with BNC inputs seems to be considerably less ($150ish). Therefore, if I opt to purchase a monitor with BNC inputs (I've only seen monitor with up to 2 inputs), how do I connect 4 cameras to it? Do I need a RJ-11 to BNC adapter with 4 RJ-11 inputs (female) and 1 BNC output (male)? If so, I can't seem to find one...

Also, what is the power adapter for?

Thanks!

Buy a DVR with 8 inputs or a video switcher. Connect a monitor to that. Buy one rj-11 to BNC adapter w/ power input for each camera. The power is to supply the camera.

Or just buy a whole new system package including new cameras.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll considering getting a new system if I must. However, I'm trying to limit my expenses if at all possible. Here is a picture of the back of my monitor that is no longer working. Is it possible to buy something like this these days...or is it completely out dated?

Thanks.

Outdated.

From memory, these units were also made by Phillips for many of the nationals as proprietary equipment. The usually run odd voltages (15 VDC) and the pinouts can vary. All are definately non-standard and were used as a system in a box product offering.

Unfortunately, usually everything including the cabling is garbage and unusable on a new system unless you really want to kitbash something. The end result is still going to be 10-15 year old camera image quality and the like.

The monitor is also the (essentially) balun and power supply for the cameras.

Back