Multiple T-Amps w/ mAudio 410 & JRMC

JRMC works great here and most people I know using it have had no problems at all that I have read about...

John

I narrowed the JRMC issue down to Netremote locking up. The netremote PPC compatibility was the main selling feature to me for JRMC. If the PPC interface for Xlobby is more stable, I'll probably stick with Xlobby.

Plus Xlobby = $FREE, while JRMC with Netremote isn't :blink:

jrfuda said:
I ended up returning them (I got them through Amazon/target online) and used the money + a little more to buy a nice 100 watt plate amp from parts express
What's a plate amp?

These are plate amps.

What's funny, is I just ordered another T-amp to use as an amp for a whole house announcement system - go figure, I knew I should have kept those two older ones... that I'd eventually find a use for 'em.

Fortuneately, I still have an unused 12V 2A powersupply to power it, so I won't have to get another one of those.

Now, if only HACS.com would get some more AB8SS's in stock!

So were you able to use the plate amp for multi-room audio? The price is right on these. They all say sub-woofer amplifier, anything to take into account here?

Just add an mAudio card and both announcements and multi-room audio are 'upgraded' if you are right.

Mike, I was looking for something to power some transducers back then, for which the T-amp was a no-go, so that's why I opted for the plate amp. I don't think the plate amp will work for full-range, becuase they'l block everything above 90-120hz (selectable via a dial). I think Parts Express sells some monobloack 100w amps for about $130 that are full-range. You can also do as John Wilson does and buy some used 2-channel amps on ebay for $50.

jwilson56 said:
Well I think I will stick with my Technics 200 watt RMS receivers I bougt used off Ebay at an average price of $50...
Hey JWilson,

Can you control the speaker selector via IR with the Technics Receivers (i.e. Speaker A/;)?

I am beginning to prepare a purchase of some receivers and I was curious about that.

Thanks,
Jim

This weekend, I finally completed my whole house audio install with the installation of my living room speakers. I am VERY pleased with the sound put out by the multiple Sonic Impact T-amps used.

My current setup controls 5 zones: office, living room, bathroom, kitchen and dining room. I can post a complete listing and cost of hardware/software/cabling involved if this would be usefull to anyone.

I have no problem achieving ear-bleed volume levels in my living room with BIC M-80 inwall speakers through a t-amp, without any distortion or clipping.

For my Multi-media computer, I did a fresh install of Windows XP, JRMC 11 and NetRemote Pro + IR. That did the trick and now JRMC 11 and NetRemote work perfectly without any of the issues I was having before. This same computer runs Beyond TV 4 with 3 TV tuners. I stream recorded TV / Video / Music/ Photos / internet / etc to my family room tv via a Hauppage Media MVP, eliminating the need for a 'puter at the tv.

I highly recommend the setup of JRMC 11, Netremote Pro +IR, an m-Audio Delta 410 audio card and a Sonic Impact t-amp for a powerful and inexpensive whole-house audio setup. And as a side note, the inclusion of whole house audio in my home automation scheme has exponentially increased the WAF :)

Jeff, thanks for the follow-up.

I too have 2 T-amps feeding my whole-house system now - thanks in part to inspiration from you. What's funny is I have went full circle. I bought 2 to power bass-shakers, and returned them to buy something more powerfull, then bought 2-more, one at a time, to power the whole house system. I probably could have bought a 3rd one with allthe extra shipping I paide sending the first pair back and forth.

I have one connected to text-to-speech and to the A input on my AB8SS speaker swithcer (connected to any combination of 8 speakers at a time) and the other to the zone b output of my receiver, which can then distribute JRMediaCenter or any other component connected to my receiver to the whole house speakers.

You're right about ear-splitting levels being possible. I have to keep the TTS maxing out at about a volume-level of "6" out of 20 (windows volume levels) in order to keep it from sounding like we're being yelled at, and keep the music at very low levels too (-80db on my receiver).

jeffx said:
My current setup controls 5 zones: office, living room, bathroom, kitchen and dining room. I can post a complete listing and cost of hardware/software/cabling involved if this would be usefull to anyone.

I highly recommend the setup of JRMC 11, Netremote Pro +IR, an m-Audio Delta 410 audio card and a Sonic Impact t-amp for a powerful and inexpensive whole-house audio setup. And as a side note, the inclusion of whole house audio in my home automation scheme has exponentially increased the WAF :)
If you feel like it, I would definitely pore over what you've done. I like the sound of that approach (and always have) zoned, with a high level of control and scalable.

Could fit into my conduit planning, as getting multi-room audio upstairs would be nice (and with your approach I don't need to do it all at once). Good to hear the t-amps worked out well.

Back