My contribution to the group morale

Don't ya know that I ordered a new battery on Wednesday the 2nd with two day shipping, it shipped a day late and now appears to be lost in the mail. It left the distribution center in Springfield Massachusetts Friday night and hasn't arrived in Connecticut yet. It's not even a two hour ride.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
Don't ya know that I ordered a new battery on Wednesday the 2nd with two day shipping, it shipped a day late and now appears to be lost in the mail. It left the distribution center in Springfield Massachusetts Friday night and hasn't arrived in Connecticut yet. It's not even a two hour ride.

Mike.

Any chance this is one of those UPS-to-USPS or FedEx-to-USPS (SmartPost) shipments?  I've almost always find that they take longer than they should to arrive.  Someone told me that if they have just a few packages going to a local post office, they delay them until there are enough others to justify sending out a truck.

Here in the midwest looking like Amazon doesn't do Sunday deliveries any more. 

Every time I order lately I do see a message about a pickup location near by.

A peer which is on this forum put them complained about his prime membership and somehow changed his default prime to a 1-day delivery.

I do not know what he did though.

The battery shows as being on the truck for delivery today. It took two days to get from Springfield to Cheshire. Maybe they don't update tracking on Sundays.

Mike.

RAL said:
Any chance this is one of those UPS-to-USPS or FedEx-to-USPS (SmartPost) shipments?  I've almost always find that they take longer than they should to arrive.  Someone told me that if they have just a few packages going to a local post office, they delay them until there are enough others to justify sending out a truck.

I don't know,I was just given a USPS tracking number.

EDIT
Now that I think of it I believe that it would show in the tracking if UPS had handled the package and it did not.

I ordered some small heatsinks via amazon.ca with a 5-8 day shipping time on June 30. They came two days ago. More than a month.

I have noticed amazon will send you a confirmation email with a date range that is totally unrelated to the promise before you pay.
When you check the order status with tracking amazon keeps sliding the delivery date back promise to suit where the package is.

My wife subscribed to Prime and we both ordered some items the same due to limited quantities at that price. Both packages took a week, came at the same time, and both had to be picked up at the town post office, a 20 minute drive away.

After proving Prime shipping promises made no difference here,  in several test runs, she quit Prime and saved her money. Two day shipping promises are crap in Canada with amazon.ca.

I agree about Amazon prime 2 day promise. They do it most of the time but not always. I noticed that on swimming pool chemicals there is sometimes a warning that the item may take more than two days because they keep  small stock on the item to ensure freshness. So you have to read the fine print.

This Iphone battery order was from Newegg. When I called Newegg to complain that the shipping was late they blamed the vendor and said that the vendor would contact me within two days (keep in mind that this was supposed to be 2day shipping). I explained to them that I didn't buy from the vendor. I bought from Newegg and that if their vendor drops the ball it's Newegg's problem and not mine and it is for Newegg to deal with. I also pointed out that I could order another battery elsewhere and have it in two days which they should have done in the first place. The guy saw the logic in this and was able to expedite the order for me so they were good in the end but I had to push the case.

Mike.

Larrylix

Amazon Prime has some bargains that make it worth the subscription price to me. I can get dog food for $5/bag less than at Walmart and they bring it to my door for no extra cost. There are plenty of bargains but you have to shop their prices and order the bargains and the free shipping adds up.

A few years back I would see better deals with Prime membership and two day shipping.

Used to purchase a bunch of computer stuff from NewEgg a few years back.

One day ordered a monitor which came / delivered not functioning.

I called to return and replace it and they said I had to pay for the return and a restocking fee.

I gave the problem to AMEX. 

I got credit for the purchase and threw out the monitor and never purchased again from NewEgg.

Pete

In Newegg's defense, they just issued me a full refund and an apology telling me that they could not get a valid tracking number from the vendor. I guess that they don't know that the battery is out for delivery to my house today. I'm going to wait for the battery to actually arrive before I tell them.

Mike.

Back