New Omni 4.0b Firmware. Anyone feel lucky?

PC Access Version 3.17.0.838 (17/January/2017)

- Controller firmware 4.0b released:
    - Added support for flash memory module.  IMPORTANT: Firmware versions below 4.0 may not be installed in controllers with flash memory modules.

Does this mean that PCA version 3.17.0.838 will not work anymore with OP2 panels with firmware 3.16 or below?

pete_c said:

- Added support for flash memory module.  IMPORTANT: Firmware versions below 4.0 may not be installed in controllers with flash memory modules.

Does this mean that PCA version 3.17.0.838 will not work anymore with OP2 panels with firmware 3.16 or below?
It sounds like firmware 3.16 is the last if you don't have flash memory. In other-words, HAI is not going to provide upgrades on flash chips past ver. 3.16.
I don't see anything about PC Access not working on these panels.

Understood Ano.

When was the flashable / 5 serial port OmniPro2 panel released? 

Was the chipped  / 3 serial port OmniPro2 panel released in the late 1990's?

Google some and see that the OmniPro 2 with ethernet interface was introduced in 2002....I was off a bit here.

March, 2002

OmniPro II is HAI’s 6th generation controller. Based on the all-new Omni II platform, the OmniPro II is HAI’s most powerful and connectable system ever. It is the top-of-the-line in HAI’s Omni family of controllers, designed for large homes and small to medium commercial environments. Like all HAI controllers, the OmniPro II’s price/performance ratio is best in its class.

• Three (3) built-in serial ports supporting Omni-Link (for HAI PC Access, HAI Web-Link II and Connectivity Partner connection) and Pro-Link (programmable ASCII messaging) in RS-232 or RS-485
  • Ethernet port hardware built-in for future (summer 2002) connection to premises network

Here in the 1980's until early 2000's used a combo panel that was primarily security with an X10 CM11A PIM attached.  It did not have an ethernet connection.  It did have speech and it was a piece by piece speech configuration which I had to put together word by word at the time for panel status.

That said I had a network hub on and 3-4 always on computers connected to the internet via my first internet connection which was DSL.  Early automation software initially was on the Commodore C64 and Amiga computer then later on Windows 1 and 3.   I did put the automation on the internet and could get to it from my work office at the time.  Later tested my palm / windows CE cellular phones with GPRS internet and it did work fine.

pete_c said:
Here in the 1980's until early 2000's used a combo panel that was primarily security with an X10 CM11A PIM attached.  It did not have an ethernet connection.  It did have speech and it was a piece by piece speech configuration which I had to put together word by word at the time for panel status.

That said I had a network hub on and 3-4 always on computers connected to the internet via my first internet connection which was DSL.  Early automation software initially was on the Commodore C64 and Amiga computer then later on Windows 1 and 3.   I did put the automation on the internet and could get to it from my work office at the time.  Later tested my palm / windows CE cellular phones with GPRS internet and it did work fine.
I had a Time Commander, an Amiga, and a TRS-80 Color Computer. I remember the TRS-80 Color Computer had 64K memory, which cost a lot, and at the time you had to fill out a form that was sent to the US Government so they could track who had a "computer." Same when I bought a Sony CDP-101, the first CD player, because it contained a "laser."

Interesting Ano. 

Here played much with hardware modifications (late 1970's / early 1980's) including memory and never had to fill out any forms relating to memory upgrades. 

I do recall building a BBS with multiple Ventel modems, software to switch modems and tapping in to a few pay phone lines for using the BBS.  Do recall complaints from local telco. 

Around the same time played with lasers on rails in my garage.  Got them from a local university / laser collector. 

Never had to fill out any forms then. 

pete_c said:
Interesting Ano. 

Here played much with hardware modifications (late 1970's / early 1980's) including memory and never had to fill out any forms relating to memory upgrades. 

I do recall building a BBS with multiple Ventel modems, software to switch modems and tapping in to a few pay phone lines for using the BBS.  Do recall complaints from local telco. 

Around the same time played with lasers on rails in my garage.  Got them from a local university / laser collector. 

Never had to fill out any forms then. 
It wasn't the memory, it was the computer. Also, YOU weren't required to fill out these forms, the retailer was. It probably happened and you didn't know it.

@SJ

I am thinking that many folks have updated both PCA / Firmware.  I updated a while ago and have not had any issues.

That said also see if there are no issues with current set ups then why fix something that isn't broken.  ;)

Here have two OP2 panels.  One I have not touched in over 10 years while the second one is my home automation sandbox device.

Always good advice! Is there documentation on what was added? Seems significant going from Ver 3 to 4? Thanks. SJ

Tried a copy and past of 1150 lines of firmware notes and forum got stuck...so here is a shorter version of release notes:

- Improved contact ID reporting compatibility for account codes containing zeroes.
    - Improved contact ID reporting compatibility when the checksum value is zero.

- Added support for Omni firmware 4.0.

- OmniTouch 7 firmware version 1.15 (99A00-1/2) released:
    - Fixed limitation of four OT7s displaying video preview for 2N door stations
    - Added separate volume control for ring volume in settings page
    - Review trouble conditions are displayed for Omni
    - Fixed wake lock issue

- Enhanced IP Camera Support with built in support for over 250 new camera models.

- Added support Omni Notifier firmware 2.0 that allows E-Mails to be sent using My Leviton Cloud services.  This eliminates compatibility issues with some SMTP servers. See Knowledge Base article DOC-4920 for more information: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-4920

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC Access Version 3.16.0.808 (20/July/2016)

- Controller firmware 3.16 released:
    - Fixed Somfy SDN stop command not working.
    - Improved TCP connection establishment for certain TCP clients.
    - Added support for HLCK6 UPB keypad.
    - Modified to clear any freeze alarm for a non-communicating thermostat.

- Corrected some Italian translation errors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC Access Version 3.15.0.803 (17/December/2015)

- Omni Notifier firmware version 1.5 released:
  - Improved performance and stability.

- Added button to read and display firmware info on the Notifier setup page.

PC Access Version 3.15.0.799 (15/October/2015)

- Added OmniTouch 7 Kernel Version 1.1 and OmniTouch 7 Firmware Version 1.12 to the update site.  See Technical Bulletin TB-18 for instructions on installing these updates.

This upgrade improves connection reliability, video connections and eliminates a soft sound that can be heard when you hold your ear up to the speaker. Furthermore, this upgrade will eliminate the possibility of the touchscreen producing a static noise from the speaker that can be heard from a distance. Note that although the static noise is annoying if it happens, it does not pose safety or functionality issues.

Note: These updates must be applied together in order.

The OmniTouch firmware upgrade file (e.g. OmniTouch_7_Version_1.12_99A00-1_2.ot7f) must be applied first.

Wait for the touchscreen to reboot, then the Kernel upgrade file (OmniTouch_7_Kernel_Ver_1_1_99A00-1_2.ot7f) must be applied.

After the OmniTouch 7 restarts, press the Settings icon on the bottom-right of the OmniTouch 7 menu bar.

Press and hold the Settings icon for 3 seconds.

The firmware version is displayed in the title bar. Verify that the Kernel Version is 1.1 or higher.

- Fixed a few typos and text display issues.

PC Access Version 3.15.0.790 (03/June/2015)

- Added the ability to filter the firmware download list.  PC Access 3 supports several models of controller in several languages.  This makes the list of available firmware files rather long.  Often you may be only interested in a particular language, or model.  The filter looks for text matches in the file names so typing "english" in the filter box will only display English controllers.  Typing "IIe" will display only Omni IIe controllers, etc.

- Added support for Leviton and Logenex TELEPORT door stations.

PC Access Version 3.15.0.789 (14/May/2015)

- Fixed problem where the download firmware files window was not big enough to display all of the available firmware files.

PC Access Version 3.15.0.788 (13/May/2015)

- Controller firmware 3.15 released:
  - Added EN 50131/PD6662 compliant systems.
  - Fixed a problem where invalid zones were shown as tripped during entry delay.
  - Fixed show camera command not working on OmniTouch 5.7 video touchscreens.
  - Added support for Z-Wave door lock auto lock.
  - Modified to use message name for subject in Notifier emails for user logged events.

- Added support for the European Security Standard EN50131 controllers.

- Added 3 new controller models that support the EN50131 standard:
  - Omni LTe-EU
  - Omni IIe-EU
  - OmniPro II-EU

PC Access Version 3.14.2.783 (27/March/2015)

- Added support for SIP based intercom between IP Touchscreens, door stations and smart devices to the Extended Setup.

- Fixed update E-Mail Notifier firmware via UDP error.

PC Access Version 3.14.1.760 (07/November/2014)

- Omni Notifier firmware version 1.3 released:
  - Improved performance and stability.

- Improved performance of Omni Notifier firmware update process.  

- Improved status reporting during Omni Notifier firmware update process.  

My personal OmniPro 2 issues over the last few years...

1 - Network / serial bus would get constipated.  The laxative I chose was to install a micro router between the OP2 NIC and the main network.  There are notes in the release notes relating to network but nothing specific.

2 - Camera displaying in the Omnitouch 5.7e screens.  I made mine work.  Later a firmware update fixed much of this except for keeping a 4:3 display of video rather than a wide screen display of video.  Another issue was a pop up video screen on the Omnitouch 5.7 legacy screens.

So personally having two issues across many firmware updates is not too bad.  I never purchased the Email board or the Android Omnitouch 7 screens here. 

Updated PC Access, OPII firmware and OT7 with no issues so far.  Also, I did your #1 based upon your feedback awhile back and never have had issues since (used an old linksys router)....  My network is very large in our home.  Thanks again for that suggestion.  SJ

Back