Occupancy Sensor Feedback

Looking to add some HA to my new system.  I've perused every thread here to date on occupancy sensors.  Just spoke with a distributor and he spoke well of "Sensor Switch CMR PDT9 Occupancy Sensor"  I saw this on one of the older thread and it was recommended.

I'm looking to have lights and/or ceiling fans turned off in unoccupied rooms.  I'm trying to keep HA and security separate (as recommended by many here).  I have GB and Dual-Tech motion for those purposes.  I want ceiling mounted units because that drops are already there.

Two questions:
1.  Does anybody have any feedback on the Sensor Switch or any other recommendations?

2.  I've noticed some LV sensors require a power pack.  Is this accomplished with an ELK add-on component?

Thanks in advance.

I just installed one of these a couple of weeks ago and for the life of me I can't get it to work.   It powers up and the led shows motion but I couldn't get it to trigger my zone.  I tried NO, NC and even tried to attach a multimeter to ever combination.  Plus I really didn't like that it came with wires soldered on instead of terminals.   It's a lot less user friendly than the various motion detectors I have played with.  I had a spare I bench tested too at the panel and I couldn't figure it out.

I ended up ordering another visdisc to replace it.

I was leaning to the Visonic Disc ET but was concerned it might have an audible clicking sound because of the relay, if my terminology is right?

I don't notice any sound coming from the visdisc.   Mine is not an ET version.  I have a PIR and a Dual.  The dual tech one is slower, I was hoping to use the sensorswitch to cut down on delay.  I have insteon and an ISY which is a slow protocol, so the time it takes to detect and trigger is a bit slow, even with it connected to the main panel (not on an M1XIN) and with fast-loop response enabled.   The normal PIR one is fast enough for me to live with.

I expected more out of the sensorswitch given the price.

Got it, Thanks for the feedback.

I know some of this motion/occupancy lighting control is a "compromise" as evidenced by the many threads on the subject...thanks again.

I use the Sensor Switch relay versions and am very happy.
No clicking.
They are very sensitive and integrate easily.
Just like any NO zone.
The timed delay to reset is easy to change.

You should be able to use the non relay versions with an open collector input zone as well.

I use the PDT version in my garage since there are times I'm sitting at the workbench and not moving around as much.

Back