Omni Pro II firmware

whumphrey

I have an Omni Pro 2 with firmware 3.13 and PC Access v3.17. Ethernet comms are acting up lately. I see from other threads here there are firmware updates available, but I can't figure out where to download them. Can anyone tell me how this works?

Thanks.

Hello whumphrey,
It's not likely ethernet problems will be fixed with a firmware upgrade. version 3.13 is only a few versions back from the last release of 4.0B.
Having said that, first you need to tell us which version of OmniPro 2 you have. Does it have 3 serial ports or 5 serial ports on the motherboard?
If its 3 serial ports you need an updated eprom. If its 5 serial ports you need the update file.

Thanks for reply. I have the 5 port version (flash firmware). Yes, I need a a file but struggling to find any download links for them. From what I can see that only goes up to maybe 3.16 of the firmware?

ok. are you saying firmware comes with a PC Access installation? My installed version has only the 3.13 available (which is the version I'm on now) and pretty sure PC Access update servers are shut down now. Where do I get a PC Access that comes with higher firmware versions?

You are correct. You had to update your copy of PC Access with the firmware files from an update server. You are also correct the update servers are offline. Theoretically you could copy the update file from someone to your PC Access update directory. However:
I have not read of anyone doing it.
I don't know if just copying the file would work.
You have a serious risk of bricking a working board.

Back