OmniPro and PBX

swaggy

Has anyone successfully connected an OmniPro to a PBX in lieu of a traditional POTS line? I don't have POTS at home and my house phones are on a PBX (Cisco CUCME) using a SIP provider. I connected the OmniPro (Green and Red terminals) to an FXS port (Cisco ATA186) and the panel can dial out via PBX to my cell phone for alarms. However, I am not able to call into the panel from a house phone (on the same PBX). I think this is becase the FXS does not send digits on the analog side so the panel never sees the "#" it's looking for to respond. I am thinking to try an FXO port where I can send the digits but FXO does not provide loop voltage so unless the OmniPro panel can provide voltage, that will not work. I suppose it's possible to use an FXO and a voltage injector but wondering if there's another way. Hoping someone out there got this working with a PBX?

I'm using an Asterisk PBX with a Linksys SPA2102 ATA. I have the OmniPro connected to the ATA using the green and red wire terminals. When a house phone dials 611 the PBX rings the ATA extension. The OmniPro will answer and sound a beep. Enter your 4 digit alarm code and if accepted it will read the main menu.

In the PC Acces software under Dialing make sure you have Telephone Access, Answer Outside Call, and Remote Commands OK set to Yes.

I had all those options enabled but I had it set to "8 rings before answer" and I never waited long enough - changed that to 3 and works fine now. Thanks!

Back