OmniPro ii & RC80 Omnistat - No communication

watchdogfl

I just recently upgraded my HMS1100 to an OmniPro ii via the firmware chip replacement for my new home.  I also purchased PCA (dealer) and have been able to configure the connection, pull and push settings, etc.  Everything seems to be working just as before the chip upgrade except for the RC80 OmniStat thermostats.  They are not communicating with the OP2 at all.  I cannot send commands to them nor is the OP3 receiving information from them.  No settings were changed on the OmniStats during the upgrade.

I've reviewed several threads in the Forum including the FUSE TRBL NOW thread. 

I've stepped through the Thermostat troubleshooting found in the HAI KB, with the exception of using a 12v bulb to test the output terminals.

At this point... I don't know what else to try.  I would appreciate any suggestions and/or help.  

I've left a VM with the support line but since I'm not under warranty, don't know what level of support I'll get.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hardware:
OmniPro 2 (HMS1100 w/firmware chip and firmware ver: 3.14A)
RC80 - Unit 1, communication setting 1
RC80 - Unit 2, communication setting 1

Well, after some time, I've finally had time to do some additional debugging.  Still no solution.  Here is some new information:

If I disconnect all the wiring to the outputs: I get output fault, pressing output reset button does not remove the output fault.
If I connect the thermostat again and press the output reset button: output fault goes away but thermostat still does not get or receive communications.

I read in the KB that the u31 chip controls the outputs, but from looking at the board it would appear the u31 socket is empty?  

There is a relay for the interior sounders that uses output 1.  I'm going to test the sounders tomorrow and see if they work.  

Also of note, the exterior temperature sensor is also not reporting temperature data.  It is attached to Zone 1 on an expansion board.  I may be grasping at straws here, but it just seems curious to me that all the other functions on the board are working perfectly except for the thermostats and the outdoor temp sensor on the expansion board.

Back